By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will Sony meet their PS3/PS2/PSP hardware shipment forecasts for this year?

@Dodece: The meaningful value in Sonys charts is the phase where they report the cost of the product as "cost".
The previous model meant, that Sony had marked up the cost as soon as the product was manufactured, having a huge value in their warehouse.
Now that Sony changed the method, the warehouse value doesn't stress their profits, but in the same time, everything found from warehouse, is stressing their operational budged, meaning that SCE is more limited in making strategic investments.

Maybe it was a pretty bad explanation, but i hope you got the picture.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

Undertracking for the PS2 could definitely be the case, however we have additional data from Japan and America in the form of Media Create/Famitsu and NPD. These show about the same numbers for PSP.

Since Europe is DS country I don't think that's responsible for a huge discrepancy.

PSP will likely reach ~11 million until the end of the year, then who knows, dont forget in january Japan has its real holiday seaosn, then comes Retribution wich could push some hardware, oh and Dissidia at the end of this month, and who knows, maybe we will see a pricecut to 150$... all in all there could be many things affecting sales ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Psp isn't going to get close to it. PS3 probably will but it depends how sales go after christmas, if after the christmas frenzy people realise it will have a pricecut soon and stop buying it may struggle. Then again it should have a month of pricecut and KZ2 in this year so should make it. PS2 doesn't look like it will make it, nothing coming along for it soon that would boost sales.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.