By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is the PS3 exclusives really better than the 360 exclusives in 2008?

^^^then you are missingboth narutos(one for Xbox and one for PS3)

Around the Network
RayRay102 said:

Most people tend to give the PS3 the edge in exclusives in 2008 due to the high Meta scores of a couple of blockbusters on Sony's side. But I have gathered the top 8 exclusives on both sides and start comparing them and it is alot closer than I initially thought. Both sides have bombs in Too Human and Haze and each have huge blockbusters in MGS4 and Gears 2. But the other 6 games in really pretty much equals IMO. So which side is better to you guys?

update: just added a few more games to make it an even 10 on each side. What I'd noticed is the 360 has more RPG exclusives and the PS3 has more Racers. I thought it was suppose to be the other way around.

Lost Odyessey                      Valkyria Chronicles

NG2                                     MGS4                                                                                                                           

Tales of Vesperia                  Motorstorm 2

GeOW2                                LBP

L4D                                     Haze

Banjo                                  Socom

The Last remnant                 Disgea 3

Fable 2                               Resistance 2

Too Human                         GT5 Prologue

Infinite Undiscovery              Wipeout

I'm on the PS3 side, JRPG's don't interest me in the slightest, so your list loses interest for me at least.

@op you practically answered your own question :p
ofcourse the ps3 exclusives are better.. hehe !

I would really like left for dead on the ps3 though :p

Check out my game about moles ^

Viva Pinata 2 not in there either.

My winners for 2008

Xbox 360 - Tales of Vesperia and Fable 2. Lost Odyssey and NG are runners up, but had too many flaws compared to the former. Gears doesn't interest me at all.

PS3 - MGS4, Little Big Planet, Resistance 2 (I'm sure I will like more than KZ2), Motorstorm 2, Valkyria Chronicles, Wipeout HD. WKC is coming out on Christmas where I currently live.

Wii - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

I guess PS3 wins 2008 for me as a gamer.

2009 prospective -

PS3 - FF 13 (exclusive in Japan - version I will get), Heavy Rain, Yakuza 3, Uncharted 2.

Xbox 360 - Star Ocean 4, but I think more jRPGs will be announced. Hopefully Cry-On

Wii - ???

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

Hmmm... where is MGS4 on the 360 list... wait... its not there... so sorry, I think because of this fact alone many will choose the PS3 exclusive list as the better one ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Yeah, the PS3 list is definately better if you ask me. I don't care about ToV but it's not out in Europe until next year. So I can't count it as a 2008 title. Haze is the only game on the PS3 list which is widely regarded as a stinker whereas the 360 has a few.