By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What will win JRPG of the year and why?

Tales of Vesperia, because I said so.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

Persona 4 will be the best, it doesn't matter if it's not on HD consoles, if it's better than any other RPG, it'll win the award. And for the looks of it (like every review who says it's better than the already perfect Persona 3) looks that it is better than any other RPG released this year, so why shouldn't it win?

@Soriku: Persona 4 was released this year in Japan. Persona 3 was released in 2006 there

what's with all the morons talking about WRPGs? we're talking about JRPGs, not bald space marines.

its such a easy answer, "LOST ODYSSEY". best story every written in a rpg and best written short stories as well,the song they picked for the trailer is the perfect song and the music selected was just right. the cutscenes were very well done and expressed alot of emotion. also the way it handled morale choices and death,and all of the other human emotions. is something no rpg has ever tried before. the battle system was nice,the bonus content was cool. the graphics were good, the overall experience is somthing i cant wait to try again in the eventuall sequel. for me its the best rpg i have played , and i have played well over 50 rpg's in my life. my score for "LOST ODYSSEY" would be a 10/10.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Persona 4 for me. Made me spend an extra ~50 hours with a Japanese dictionary and google translator, and was worth it.

Tales of Vesperia made me get an xbox though... but as it's for Christmas, I have yet to play it.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
superbeast1370 said:
what's with all the morons talking about WRPGs? we're talking about JRPGs, not bald space marines.

In WRPGs?

The male player character in Mass Effect has a shaved head and is in space, so he's generally lumped in with the marines for some reason

But seriously isn't JRPG a bit too narrow? Why not just "RPG"? I'm sure plenty of people will give answers that aren't Fallout 3.

Soriku said:
superbeast1370 said:

In WRPGs?

Yes, I know you can change the look, but it's the default look and the one which was used in every screenshot of the game (still, even though you can change it, I never found one that looked good to me)

Soriku said:
superbeast1370 said:

In WRPGs?

Mass Effect (same thing with fable, and KOTOR), I bought it for PC and couldn't get into it...and what the hell is up with those bloody elevators?

superbeast1370 said:
Soriku said:
superbeast1370 said:

In WRPGs?

Mass Effect (same thing with fable, and KOTOR), I bought it for PC and couldn't get into it...and what the hell is up with those bloody elevators?

Fable? KOTOR? Mass Effect?

Bald space marines?....

Um, no. Stereotyping makes you look like an ass. 

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Khuutra said:
Soriku said:
superbeast1370 said:

In WRPGs?

The male player character in Mass Effect has a shaved head and is in space, so he's generally lumped in with the marines for some reason

But seriously isn't JRPG a bit too narrow? Why not just "RPG"? I'm sure plenty of people will give answers that aren't Fallout 3.

Some people prefer JRPG's and want to have a thread about them without people piping in about Fable 2 or Fallout 3.  I really don't see the issue, if you prefer WRPG's then obviously this just isn't the thread for you, but feel free to make a WRPG equivalent.