By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kid Icarus Wii?!!!

damkira said:
Aww.. I was hoping there would be more information about this title by now... but Nintendo was originally slated to talk about this title at this year's E3 but instead chose to show Wii Music etc.. They are probably really regretting that decision.

thing is we have no idea how far along this game is, im guessing we see monster's project before pikmin 3 or kid icarus

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network

Well, I wish it existed, and I have high hopes based on Super Smash Bros Brawl, but I don't believe a word Matt C. says over at IGN.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

So basically its an IGN fluff piece. This is why I rarely visit their site.

The game idea I'm sure has been toseed around by R&D but any real future??? - anyone's guess.

Seeing that Punch-Out is making a return though gives us all hope that some early NES titles are going to find their way back.

I want to see this game already.. IGN should just develop it themselves since there seems to be no clear developer and they're hyping this so much.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

It is interesting how much people want to see this game.

It was released in Japan in 1986 and the rest of the world in 1987.

That means that all but senior level college undergraduates and graduate students were born AFTER this game came out.

Thus, while everyone complains that Nintendo is "forgetting the (hard)core" -- most of that demographic is too young to remember this game. But it is the same people pushing for it.

Just ironic and strange.

That being said, hopefully it will come out. And knowing Nintendo, it will only if it is ready to be released.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Factor 5 is developing it, they already said so.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Could be cool if it actually exists.

~Currently Playing Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank: FTOD, and Resistance: Retribution~

Also I feel bad the the wii IGN guys, because they have to write these fluff peices. What else do they have right now? The audience doesn't care about Hanna Montana games or Games Party 2, and there is no news about Sin and Punishment 2, or No More Heroes 2, the publishers aren't saying anything. All they can do right now is make fluff news pieces so they can put some kind of content on the front page. So cut the guys some slack, what would you have them put on their site?

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

mike_intellivision said:
It is interesting how much people want to see this game.

It was released in Japan in 1986 and the rest of the world in 1987.

That means that all but senior level college undergraduates and graduate students were born AFTER this game came out.

Thus, while everyone complains that Nintendo is "forgetting the (hard)core" -- most of that demographic is too young to remember this game. But it is the same people pushing for it.

Just ironic and strange.

That being said, hopefully it will come out. And knowing Nintendo, it will only if it is ready to be released.

Mike from Morgantown

I think it just goes to show that there is a huge demographic of adult gamers that remember the classics. Although Kid Icarus was a sleeper hit back in the day. I prefered my Nintendo Disc copy because I could save my game.