By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kid Icarus Wii?!!!

I agree with the_vagabond07 (Bond 007?), they have to come up with some interesting article every once in a while to get some hits, because all they got right now are reviews of mostly shovelware and previews of future games to come, in a long future. They rather make this up, or maybe they are telling the truth, but they need to post something that interests people, they cant carry on by reviewing uninteresting games anymore. SSBB and MKWii are already more than half a year old, the hype and interest slowly faded away, they can't come up anymore with the great SSBB articles they had.

Nintendo and the 3rd parties didn't make a big, epic, long, original game for the Wii in a long time, and these sites are hardcore mostly, people get in to share their experiences or learn some new things about these games. Without the games, there's no good website, hence the moaning of Matt and Co.
I think they need some good games to talk about, to share with the readers, a game they can make a walkthrough for, a game they can share the secrets with us. But they can't cause there's no such game for the Wii right now, and there won't be until Q2 2009.

I understand these guys and I support them. I share their frustrations to some extent.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

People need to realize that this game IS in development. Those guys at IGN have excellent connections and have no reason to lie about something like this. But when the game is officially announced, people are still gonna be like OMG, no one saw this coming!

# of games above 75 on Metacritic (including downloadable):

360: 241     DS: 144

PS3: 152     PSP: 126

Wii: 85

nordlead said:
damkira said:
Aww.. I was hoping there would be more information about this title by now... but Nintendo was originally slated to talk about this title at this year's E3 but instead chose to show Wii Music etc.. They are probably really regretting that decision.

no, Matt C. said that Nintendo was going to show it, and said "trust me". There was never any proof that Nintendo would show anything about this supposed game at all.

Nintendo didn't but it was listed on an unofficial E3 web site, which leads me to believe they had a good idea that it might be shown..

PLATFORM:    Xbox 360    Wii    PS3    PC    Nintendo DS    PSP    A-Z
Select A-Z above to browse for a specific title
Kid Icarus Wii
Release Date: TBA
Platform: Wii
Publisher: Nintendo
Developer: TBA
Genre: Action Adventure
Released way back in 1987 for Nintendo Entertainment System, Kid Icarus remains one of the most challenging video games out there. A 1991 sequel for Nintendo's Game Boy failed to do much for the series, which has wallowed as nothing more than a fanboy dream remake ever since. Until now. Kid Icarus Wii has moved from fantasy to reality and that's a very good thing.

http://www.e3.net/games/?game_id=72

damkira said:

Nintendo didn't but it was listed on an unofficial E3 web site, which leads me to believe they had a good idea that it might be shown..

PLATFORM:    Xbox 360    Wii    PS3    PC    Nintendo DS    PSP    A-Z
Select A-Z above to browse for a specific title
Kid Icarus Wii
Release Date: TBA
Platform: Wii
Publisher: Nintendo
Developer: TBA
Genre: Action Adventure
Released way back in 1987 for Nintendo Entertainment System, Kid Icarus remains one of the most challenging video games out there. A 1991 sequel for Nintendo's Game Boy failed to do much for the series, which has wallowed as nothing more than a fanboy dream remake ever since. Until now. Kid Icarus Wii has moved from fantasy to reality and that's a very good thing.

http://www.e3.net/games/?game_id=72

this is the real e3 website

http://www.e3expo.com/

e3.net is owned by UGO Entertainment - UGO.com which is not associated with e3. That page was put up to trick people into thinking it was the official page. I don't believe that UGO Entertainment actually knew what was going to be shown, and only posted what was confirmed + some speculations and wishful thinking.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

The_vagabond7 said:
Also I feel bad the the wii IGN guys, because they have to write these fluff peices. What else do they have right now? The audience doesn't care about Hanna Montana games or Games Party 2, and there is no news about Sin and Punishment 2, or No More Heroes 2, the publishers aren't saying anything. All they can do right now is make fluff news pieces so they can put some kind of content on the front page. So cut the guys some slack, what would you have them put on their site?

I was thinking the same thing. They don't have any news to really report, so they have to come up (or come back up)with things like this.

Still, Matt Cassamyassa shouldn't be beating a dead horse like this. If it is announced, OK then. But right now, he's making it look like an ET comeback; something that won't ever happen on a console again.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
SaviorX said:

I was thinking the same thing. They don't have any news to really report, so they have to come up (or come back up)with things like this. 

Still, Matt Cassamyassa shouldn't be beating a dead horse like this. If it is announced, OK then. But right now, he's making it look like an ET comeback; something that won't ever happen on a console again.

Something tells me you don't like him very much.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

How many ppl have actually played the original Kid Icarus? It's not THAT good.

I'd much rather see Star Fox & Kirby & i'm sure Nintendo would too.

arsenal009 said:

I'd much rather see Star Fox & Kirby & i'm sure Nintendo would too.

Although it might not have been that good (you could argue about that), the possibilitys to make this an amazing franchise are certainly there.

I might be finally justified in buying a Wii if this game ever sees the light of day. That would make 3 quality titles that I am interested in, along with Metroid and Zelda. Hopefully the console has seen a price cut by then. :)

Bethesda's Todd Howard "if install base really mattered, we'd all make board games, because there are a lot of tables."

Feel free to add me ...

PSN ID - jedson328
XBL Gamertag - jedson328

arsenal009 said:

Yes, it is.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D