By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Fit outsells GTA IV combined

What a wonderful day for humanity when those looking to improve themselves through physical exertion outnumber those that wish to degrade their minds through shooting prostitutes.

Next we take down the rock music!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
stof said:
What a wonderful day for humanity when those looking to improve themselves through physical exertion outnumber those that wish to degrade their minds through shooting prostitutes.

Next we take down the rock music!

Are you predicting wii music to outsell GH?

Khuutra said:
Squilliam said:
Cheebee said:
Wow, that's quite a feat. And mind boggling to think that's still within the 1st year of the game on the market, and it's not showing any signs of slowing down. At all. Also, I'm amazed at how great Wii Play continues to sell week after week.

You're not amazed by Wii Sports sales?

Wii Sports is for tools and casuals.

Casuals with one eye. And a bum knee!

Hey, thats totally me!!! I guess now I have to buy the wii fit thing.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Yeah it's a sad, sad day

TWRoO said:
DMeisterJ said:
Well, actually Wii Fit came out in JP in December

Don't worry, in 4 weeks it will have made that difference too (Wii Fit was at ~1.9 million when GTAIV released)

And it will only be 2 weeks till it becomes the best selling game of 2008. And Mario Kart Wii will follw as the 2nd best seller 1-2 weeks later.

Oh no, but what of SSBB :(

Anyway, I've still never seen a Wii Fit is a store expect the 1st time it went on sale at Costco.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network
Faxanadu said:
Khuutra said:
Squilliam said:
Cheebee said:
Wow, that's quite a feat. And mind boggling to think that's still within the 1st year of the game on the market, and it's not showing any signs of slowing down. At all. Also, I'm amazed at how great Wii Play continues to sell week after week.

You're not amazed by Wii Sports sales?

Wii Sports is for tools and casuals.

Casuals with one eye. And a bum knee!

Hey, thats totally me!!! I guess now I have to buy the wii fit thing.

Wii Sports. Move your head to the right, you can read the whole thing then

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. This generation makes me want to cry sometimes.

http://kotaku.com/5101791/some-japanese-people-impulsively--bought-wii-fit

The root of Wii Fits popularity confirmed! People just bought it on accident!

no, i think the fact that Wii Fit is outselling GTA IV is good!

video games don't always have to be about blood and guns, but it can be something else!

gamers should be happy as well, the gaming industry is expanding more than ever!

i have to say i enjoy Wii Fit a lot

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Well done wii fit! Next up mario kart wii!