By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii madden looks better than ps3/360 madden?!?!?!?!

480p vs 720p

Have we really gotten to the point where Wii owners actually think the same game looks better on the Wii....

This is really pushing it.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

@ckmlb: I own a PS3 and a Wii.

Yes, the high res is nice and so are the textures, etc.

Madden on the HD consoles looks bad. Animation is poor/unnatural, skin looks like plastic, field looks like painted concrete.

I don't feel like looking it up, but didn't you say your self that upping the resolution doesn't always make the game look better.

Upping the resolution actually makes us more aware of flaws in the visuals.

personal example: I love the Heavenly Sword Demo, it looks really good, but all I think of when I am watching the intro is how wierd her sister's knee looks. The two "horns" on her knee. It detracts from the whole thing. Still buying, because after playing with my wii for so long now, I need a good button masher.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Umm Madden 08 looks a lot better than previous versions.

Also as far as upping the resolution making flaws in the visuals more noticable that's usually for standard definition games and not ones that run natively in high definition.

Legend11, I pointed out a specific flaw in HS and the video of Madden. I know 360 and PS3 have better graphics, but when poorly done or glitchy it is far more noticable in HD (and that disturbs me, not everyone, it is my opinion). Nobody was talking about SD games getting upscaled.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

One reason that the animations don't look very smooth could be that this is the PS3 version, which has a lower framerate.

Around the Network

I wonder if EA is intentionally making the Wii version look more polished and refined in addition to the extra content? Didn't they say they really like the Wii?

In these videos the Wii version looks much better overall.

When the games come out I seriously doubt on an HD TV the Wii version will look better, but on the off chance that it does it will have far more to do with developers than hardware.

To Each Man, Responsibility

close up the PS3 version looks better, but during the zoomed out on field action the wii version gives the PS3 a fight.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

naznatips said:
One reason that the animations don't look very smooth could be that this is the PS3 version, which has a lower framerate.

This is the ps3 version, you can read that its ps3 gameplay.

mM

the wii version looks better but its cos of the ps3/360 version its the ps3 version u can tell cos of the contrast

Feel free to check out my 8 montages at www.youtube.co.uk/stonj 

you can also find me at myspace.com/jamiestoner47 and on facebook

XBL :: stonj