By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I think Prince of Persia flopped, badly

pbroy said:
outlawauron said:
badgenome said:
pbroy said:
JOKA_ said:
I hated the way the original PoP handled, is this one any different?

I love the style and 3rd person action/adventures are my thing, anyone think I should give this a try?

Yes, this game is awesome. It's a completely different game than the orginial Sands of Time. It handles more like Assassins Creed.

This game plays the best if you play it at a good rythm. Once you know how to play this game, everything will be fluid. Instead of stop and go gameplay.

Prince of Persia isn't a button masher. Imagine two guys ready to fight it out in the street, then all of sudden they bust out in dance. Yes, that's how it seems. The battles are rythm based with button combinations. If you mash, you'll break the chain.

This game is all about relaxing and feeling your movements.

You're making me imagine a cel-shaded West Side Story.

It is......

But better.

If your standing on a small patform and you guys need to pass eachother, the two characters actually do look like they are dancing when they hold hands and spin together.

So it's like a cel-shaded version of this, then?

Around the Network

this game was incredible...assassin's creed was a huge disappointment for me but ubisoft really pulled it out for this one...just finished it...i absolutely loved it...can't wait for the sequel...great story-telling :)

Oyvoyvoyv said:
DMeisterJ said:
U herd da bozz.

I herd the boss? I didn't realize that...

me either...

Check out my game about moles ^

pbroy said:
mibuokami said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Sol said:
I concur with Tuanniez Okey, JB are selling POP for $79. I shall be picking up my copy from them on the weekend.

79? From now on, I'm buying all my games there. But that's still $30 I'll never see again ._.

I got mine from EB pre-ordered for the bonus skin etc, then I ask for a price match of JB's price and got it for 79 :D

That's the part that upset me the most. The code isn't actually a redeem code, it's a code built into the game. So everybody can use the same code. I could have bought the game cheaper on Amazon and got the pre-order bonus they had going on. This is probably one of the reasons why Amazon had low orders on this game, everyone bought from EB/GameStop to get the skin.

For the people that want to know the code and unlock other skins:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51700&page=1

A bit late and useless for me but thanks for the info... At least I still got the bonus case :)

ioi said:
Erm just for the record my 1m on day one was way way way over what it actually did, sorry for that piece of misinformation - I did say very early figures!

yeah not really surprising.

About 100k for 360 version ?

Around the Network

I predicted this a few months ago. There just isn't any hype around the game.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

akuma587 said:
I predicted this a few months ago. There just isn't any hype around the game.

No hype, but there's advertising budget... that helps too =)

Couple days ago I saw it on display at a store, the game looks absolutely gorgeous.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

@badgenome

haha, yeah some of those moves are in the game.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
pbroy said:
@badgenome

haha, yeah some of those moves are in the game.

Amazon needs to hurry the hell up with my copy, then!

What a rollercoaster, turns out the op could be right! I hope not though!