By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the Wii ever pass up the DS?

The more I think about it, the more I think wii will surpass DS, especially in the US where consoles generally are favored over portables. The Wii just has a greater appeal. Grandma/Grandpa will want wii bowling, but they will not want a ds, others will want wii fit that wouldn't want a ds, etc...

Around the Network
Infinity said:
I would be surprised to see Wii even outselling the Super Nintendo. The Wii has hit its peak in popularity. Be prepared to see a lot of used Wiis for sale next year.

Bahahahaha. That was a good one. Nice joke... that was a joke right?

Infinity said:
I would be surprised to see Wii even outselling the Super Nintendo. The Wii has hit its peak in popularity. Be prepared to see a lot of used Wiis for sale next year.

There's still WII IS A FAD BAWH people, wow

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

handhelds will obviously sell more than consoles. they are much cheaper, and people tend to have several in their households. i have 3 DS's in my house, 2 psp's - but a household only needs 1 console (of each type at least).

so i dont think wii will ever pass DS, simply because it's not a handheld.

The DS doesn't have Wii Fit.

The Wii does.

Wii will win.

Around the Network

Concerning the very valid argument that handhelds have an edge over consoles, there is an exception to that rule: when the essence of the experience a console delivers cannot effectively be replicated on a handheld. The Wii definitely has that, at least for now.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Infinity said:

People still use this line?

Yeah, probably... but only when they stop marketing the DS which may be a few years to come. They've already released the new DS in Japan.

not when it's selling 1.8mill in one week

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Nope.