By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - why is coca cola so popular

WessleWoggle said:

It's popular from it's advertising and image, the soda itself is actually pretty poor in my opinion. I wouldn't buy it with all the other great sodas to choose from.

Coca-Coke is not the best cola. You guys are too biased. It's actually pretty bitter and less flavorful compared to other cola. I'd have Pepsi or RC over Coca cola.

My favorite is Red bull Cola. It's like normal cola but it's got a bunch of weird fruit flavorings, that make it taste really good.

They still make RC? I've never seen it around here or in many places. You must live in Canada or the Midwest or something.

I tried Red Bull Cola last week, it wasn't bad but didn't have as many energizers as I needed. The fruit taste was spiffy tho.

Around the Network

I prefer Pepsi but I generally buy what's on sale and Pepsi and Dr Pepper products are on sale more often in my area.

I don't like Coke.

Dr. Pepper is my favorite cola drink , though I find I don't drink anything much anymore. And I find Pepsi to be a million times better than Coke.

Coke is popular in part because it is everywhere, and people tend to like what they are familiar with.

Wiped said:

You guys saying Cherry Coke are so wrong. Yes, it's amazing, but you can't beat:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/49/138554393_3d5b556eba.jpg%3Fv%3D0" width="194" height="257">

Best Coke. Flavour. Ever.

Oh man I loved that stuff!

Coke and Pepsi are both popular because each has it's own distinct taste and you usually prefer one or the other. I prefer Pepsi but Coke's alright too.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

coca cola is 1000 times better than pepsi

is a man not entitled to the sweat of his own brow ?

I prefer Dihydrogen Monoxide. It's the new soft drink that's good for you, tastes refreshing and has zero calories.

sounds good

is a man not entitled to the sweat of his own brow ?

This-- In the United States, Stepan Company is the only manufacturing plant authorized by the Federal Government to import and process the coca plant.[25] Stepan laboratory in Maywood, New Jersey, is the nation's only legal commercial importer of coca leaves, which it obtains mainly from Peru and, to a lesser extent, Bolivia. Besides producing the coca flavoring agent for Coca-Cola, Stepan Company extracts cocaine from the coca leaves, which it sells to Mallinckrodt, a St. Louis, Missouri pharmaceutical manufacturer that is the only company in the United States licensed to purify cocaine for medicinal use.[26] N.J. Stepan buys about 100 metric tons of dried Peruvian coca leaves each year, said Marco Castillo, spokesman for Peru's state-owned National Coca Co.[27]

it's so popular because it's sooo gangsta!