By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - why is coca cola so popular

The original Coca Cola used to have cocaine in it, when it was first introduced back in the 1880's. But it was taken out of the soft drink back in the 1920's due to cocaine being highly addictive and illegal.
Coca Cola was invented in Atlanta, USA back in the 1880's and its recipe is a closely guarded secret. Many soft drink companies have tried to copy Coca Cola but none of them taste as good as "Coca Cola".
1996 Atlanta Olympics were the Coca Cola Olympics.

Around the Network

McDonald's makes millions selling Coca Cola. That's why.

Wiped said:
Because they abuse the human rights of their workers in the middle east. And because they have the awesome "holidays are comin'" Christmas adverts.

There's no way I'll pay £2.20 for a big bottle though- 36p Tesco cola all the way!

Wrong. This is their greatest advertisement.

I know that virtually none of you remember this advert, but it's one of the greatest of all time.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

how they managed to make that commercial amazes me.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask is the best Zelda title ever made.

"The Person Who Got the Closest to Winning the 1st VGC VC Giveaway, but still lost"

rocketpig said:
Wiped said:
Because they abuse the human rights of their workers in the middle east. And because they have the awesome "holidays are comin'" Christmas adverts.

There's no way I'll pay £2.20 for a big bottle though- 36p Tesco cola all the way!

Wrong. This is their greatest advertisement.

I know that virtually none of you remember this advert, but it's one of the greatest of all time.

My dad probably remembers that. That is boss.

Around the Network
oxford-gamer said:
how they managed to make that commercial amazes me.

Not quite sure what you mean but whenever I'm stuck on an advertising problem, I watch that commercial. It's one of the most incredible, cheesy, heartwarming, yet effective adverts I've ever seen. It's an entire ball of emotions rolled into one, it fit the time, and it scored huge.

On the topic of adverts, I would put Jack in the Box's comeback from e Coli and the resurrection of Jack way up there, too. Volkswagen circa 1995-2000 was great, too.

Back OT, I like Coke because it's what I grew up with and it tastes good. That's it. When it comes to other sodas, I drink almost everything. But if it's a cola, it has to be Coke.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

it's the best cola. period. only one I'll ever drink. I like mountain dew better, but coke is the only cola there is.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

I had my first Coke can and fell in love.

When I saw that commercial for the first time, I thought, "Yeah, that's how it feels to have and/or share a Coke."

I don't usually buy into marketing or love products but I have two commercial loves. Super Mario and Coke.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

its true coke is nice whast the nicest other flavour coca cola e.g. cherry coke, coke with vanilla e.c.t

is a man not entitled to the sweat of his own brow ?

Marketing. You know, the shape of the bottle, the larger than life adverts, the rampant product placement.