By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Dead Rising: CTYD video

I agree with Smeags, it does look fun. I haven't played the 360 version. But the game actually looks like it has potential. But what scares me is that the game looks dubbed down to a point that its easy.

That's understandable and all, but this game looks every bit short. I expect that as a flaw once we have reviews rolling out about this game.

Around the Network
xlost7 said:
I agree with Smeags, it does look fun. I haven't played the 360 version. But the game actually looks like it has potential. But what scares me is that the game looks dubbed down to a point that its easy.

That's understandable and all, but this game looks every bit short. I expect that as a flaw once we have reviews rolling out about this game.

It was a short game on 360.  Every hour in-game was five minutes, and it was 72 hours so the game was only six hours long.  Multiple playthroughs for the various endings made it longer though.

DMeisterJ said:
xlost7 said:

It was a short game on 360.  Every hour in-game was five minutes, and it was 72 hours so the game was only six hours long.  Multiple playthroughs for the various endings made it longer though.

But the achievements is another factor that extended the gameplay. Also when the 72 hours is up, is that the end of the game or do you start over and is it the same exact story as before or does things change up? And do you carry over your saves and stuff from before into the new game?

i hope the game turns out to be a nice addition to wii owners. But being realistic, you can get the game for 360 for $9.99 , which is the better version, so I think this will flop badly.

@Ari_Gold

Where can you get this game at for $10?

Last time I checked it was like $17.99 at Gamestop used and $19.99 new.

Around the Network

@Ari
you have a real point there.

The game looks better then it did, but I really haven't seen anything to really push me into buying it. It is going on retail for 40 instead of the standard 50 but it's not saying much. I'm probably going to switch my reserve from this game (I reserved it when it was first announced and had potential) and put it on House of the Dead Overkill (special Edition FTW!)

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

@ xlost, you can buy it from gamefly, ebay, amazon, for $9.99 used, it was on sale last weekend for $9.99 in newegg.

hey this looks a lot better than before, and there are quite a bit more zombies, looks like there are much more later on :D

I'm pretty psyched about this game.

Ari_Gold said:
@ xlost, you can buy it from gamefly, ebay, amazon, for $9.99 used, it was on sale last weekend for $9.99 in newegg.

Nice, thanks for giving me a heads up. I was about to spend $18 or $20 on a game that I could get for $10 on Ebay or Amazon. 

xlost7 said:
DMeisterJ said:
xlost7 said:

But the achievements is another factor that extended the gameplay. Also when the 72 hours is up, is that the end of the game or do you start over and is it the same exact story as before or does things change up? And do you carry over your saves and stuff from before into the new game?

Your game save carries over.