By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Dead Rising: CTYD video

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14267382/dead-rising/videos/dr_ctyd_gameplay_120308.html

Doesn't look any good, effects are pretty terrible and there's not much going on on screen. Textures are weak, text is illegible cause it's so muddy and blurry. Blood effects are a disgrace, zombies disappear, there's no collision detection and sound effects are really bad. There also seems to be a serious control issue, it's nowhere near as tight as it was on RE4. AI is laughable, zombies just stand still waiting for you to kill them.

Edit: looks like I cant embed the video, can someone do it??

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

the graphics look better than previously.

@Phoenix: Really? I honestly can't see any change at all, what's more noticeable now is how bad collision detection works and the floaty nature of all things. Also objects disappear after getting thrown, like the place is always empty. I don't like how this is shaping up at all. Graphics are the exact same from previous videos. Even almost equal to the first video released in June.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Other then the physics, the game looks fine, good even.

I thought worst when I first heard of Dead Rising on Wii.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

trestres said:

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14267382/dead-rising/videos/dr_ctyd_gameplay_120308.html

Doesn't look any good, effects are pretty terrible and there's not much going on on screen. Textures are weak, text is illegible cause it's so muddy and blurry. Blood effects are a disgrace, zombies disappear, there's no collision detection and sound effects are really bad. There also seems to be a serious control issue, it's nowhere near as tight as it was on RE4. AI is laughable, zombies just stand still waiting for you to kill them.

Edit: looks like I cant embed the video, can someone do it??

Have you played the finished product?  Also your pessimistic Wii threads are annoying.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

So in summary you really liked what you saw. (in other words autsch)

@smoked: Have you even watched the video? The guy playing the game can barely aim, the reticule goes all over the place when he tries to. Please, do me a favour and watch the video.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

@Kyros: That's right.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

If the controls handle like they did in Godfather this game looks like a ton of fun!

However trestres isn't wrong. This has a long ways to go before it's ready for release. Lousy collision detection, seriously needs a physics engine, needs more zombies, poor AI. I wonder if they dumbed them down for the video or the 'casual market' but give me a little challenge here. Keep me on edge, it looks far too easy to wipe the floor with zombies. GTA easy without the cops.

But it's not out until Jan or Feb. Hopefully they'll delay it again to get it right (might at well, already missed the holidays)

Some of those scenes looked familiar.

I wonder how much new footage is really in this new trailer.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV