By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 2 Trailer supposedly using the in game engine.

The Uncharted 2 teaser trailer sent waves through the forums. One question that kept arising; is the trailer rendered in real-time, or is it fancy CGI? Naughty Dog has exclusively given Gamezine the answer.

Richard Diamant, Naughty Dog's Lead Character Artist, told Gamezine; "Yes, the trailer was all rendered real-time in our engine."

gamezine

edit : having trouble uploading the uncharted 2 trailer , if anyone wouldn't mind...

Around the Network

Oh god the good ol "IS THAT CGI?" and someone replies "NO ITS IN GAME ENGINE!"

When there clearly is a difference,CGI looks ALOT better than that god,thats like saying "IS THAT ON BLUE RAY?" and someone replies "NO ITS DVD" you can tell the difference people....

Game will look good nonetheless

the only issue I have is the amount of snow there's so much it.

Oh god you mean to tell me IT WASN'T CGI? IT WAS ACTUALLY IN GAME? ON BLU-RAY DISC?

Wow....Uncharted 2 will fucking rule.

Oh please, I'm not saying the game does not look amazing, but FFX CGI looked better that that and that was 7-8 years ago. it is easy to tell the difference between CGI and RT, especially since CGI nowadays looks better than reality
Anyhow, uncharted 2 will look absolutely amazing, makes me wish I had a PS3

Listen to the voice of reason, then do as I say.

Around the Network

It is easy to see that it is in game engine.

That's awesome. I really like the first Uncharted and I'll be looking forward to this one.

I'm still upset it isn't this though. ;_;

Only the power of The Cell can generate that much snow.

I don't expect a major leap in graphics with Uncharted 2. I would be surprised if anyone doubted that was real time. I hope they release this in the first part of 2009.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Well, the first game looked great, so we should expect this to as well

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot