By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 2 Trailer supposedly using the in game engine.

Million said:

The Uncharted 2 teaser trailer sent waves through the forums. One question that kept arising; is the trailer rendered in real-time, or is it fancy CGI? Naughty Dog has exclusively given Gamezine the answer.

Richard Diamant, Naughty Dog's Lead Character Artist, told Gamezine; "Yes, the trailer was all rendered real-time in our engine."

gamezine

edit : having trouble uploading the uncharted 2 trailer , if anyone wouldn't mind...

yeh they using the actual game graphics, not pre rendered. i notice this because the graphics on Uncharted drakes fortune were exaclty the same when it went from cut scenes to gameplay

and since the water looks exaclty the same it shows that naughty dog is using the game engine. yeh that engine is amazing

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
bbsin said:
tombi123 said:
twesterm said:
That's awesome. I really like the first Uncharted and I'll be looking forward to this one.

I'm still upset it isn't this though. ;_;

ROFLMAO!!! That picture is so awesome hahaha!

What kind of loser watches that crap?...

......Oh, twesterm does. LOL

Desperate Housewives rules! A good mix of comedy and drama.

meh.... if you want a good mix of comedy and drama, watch Entourage.

but FFX CGI looked better that that and that was 7-8 years ago

Eh yes. On the other hand I have seen plenty of CGI that looked much WORSE than the trailer and that was last year. It looked pretty amazing and is definitely again one of the most beautiful games. Not as good as Blizzard CGI but definitely on par with every damn game's gamegraphics in existance

(as much you can see from a 20 seconds trailer of course)

Uncharted looks so good so i wouldnt be surprised.

Not a very long trailer. It does look good, but you can tell it's not modern CGI. Still, can't wait for this game.

WinAPE - The Windows Amstrad Plus Emulator

JEMU  - The Java Emulation Platform

Around the Network

It does look pretty good. Pretty good for not being CGI. But I think it was clear it wasn't to start with.

twesterm said:
That's awesome. I really like the first Uncharted and I'll be looking forward to this one.

I'm still upset it isn't this though. ;_;

... >_> ...

Dallinor said:
Only the power of The Cell can generate that much snow.

or a tempest ! :p

Check out my game about moles ^

well it looked ingame

but the snow. got to be the most realistic snow ever.

Kyros said:
but FFX CGI looked better that that and that was 7-8 years ago

Eh yes. On the other hand I have seen plenty of CGI that looked much WORSE than the trailer and that was last year. It looked pretty amazing and is definitely again one of the most beautiful games. Not as good as Blizzard CGI but definitely on par with every damn game's gamegraphics in existance

(as much you can see from a 20 seconds trailer of course)

True, true.. man, blizzard is really on another level when it comes to CGI, however, It is quite a thing to produce this kind of graphics on real time in a home console, anyone knows at what frame rate resolution and what AA will it have? what did Uncharted 1 have anyways? it (still) looks sooo good...

Listen to the voice of reason, then do as I say.