By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Others Sales up, what happened to Resistance 2???

It's being sold for €70 euro at most places in Ireland which is just ridiculous.

You can pick up COD:WAW for €60 or Gears of War 2 for €49.

Around the Network
Hyruken said:
Hate to break it to some people but the game is in stock everywhere here in the UK. The game is doing so badly that it has already had £10 taken off the price (25%).
http://www.simplygames.com/info/16472/

A game that was low on stock would not do that obviously. Would expect to see the game hit the bargin bins in the next week or so.

UK != all of Europe.

There was at least 1 supplier that wasn't moving ANY products at all until the new management sorted things out. I don't remember which one, but it could be affecting this game.

Now, that doesn't mean I expected spectacular sales, but  that does mean that I do think we will see very good 2nd week sales.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

2 big reasons were the sales on vgchartz reflect 1 day of sales the other being in the uk there has been supply errors to major firms like woolworths and all supermarkets of the game i dont know whether this is in all of europe though

It will be fun to see all these Resistance 2/LBP threads in January.

play_ea said:
2 big reasons were the sales on vgchartz reflect 1 day of sales the other being in the uk there has been supply errors to major firms like woolworths and all supermarkets of the game i dont know whether this is in all of europe though

It would be 2 days (friday/saturday) unless the game didn't get released until saturday (which I don't think happened)

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
Yojimbo said:
It will be fun to see all these Resistance 2/LBP threads in January.

hehe, I can't wait!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Shipment error, PAL region ( where FPSs still arent as popular as in the US), and the game didnt had that 90%+ rating that many gamers hoped for ;) There, IMO these are the reasons ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

We will know the real story next week, when the game has had a full week on sale

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

The first game was a failure in retail just like games like motorstorm and uncharted and "sold" only as a free pack in (just like every sony 1st party out there) and only in Europe. It didn't built a fanbase (like games like halo or gears did) so the sequel is a bomb just like motorstorm 2.

Sony fans shouldn't worry though, when the game disappears from every software chart its amazing legs will kick in. Isn' that what has happened with every sony 1st party game?? These games might sell like shit and drop off the charts quickly but then.......the legs appear !!!!!

The excuses are already funny though....2 days of sales....99% of games are released on Friday in the U.K, for example.

lets see....

look at motorstorm 2....what I thought would be the biggest flop is showing tremendous legs....on a lower level but still!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey