By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Blu-ray: A 2008 Holiday Hit?

It only confirms what everyone already knew... BD players had to fall to sub $200.00 for them to start to sell more, and will still need to get to below $100.00 for them to become the mainstream player or choice. (and it wouldn't hurt to make the movies cheaper as well).

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Around the Network

@Comrade I'm with you on the cost of movies xD Ironman for $34... noooot thanks :D I have an awesome store that I go to though and get Blu-disc's for pretty cheap ^^ New releases are about $20-24, and the older titles are all $10-15 :)

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

NintendoMan said:
Blu Ray brings my piss to a boil. Firstly its expensive and second you need a HDTV to actually benfit from the improved picture quality. What a load of ass suckage. People without HDTV's should get the pic quality or no-one should.

@Zlejedi, I actually do have serious sight problems

@konnichiwa, yes i am, wtf were ronaldo rooney et al doing

Blu Ray is the preserve of rich people and I detest rich people. As far as I am concerned if you can afford Blu Ray you have too much money. You should be forced to give some to poor people.

If there was no BR or prospects for HD programming, then why are people buying those expensive HDTVs in the first place? Many poor (rich?) bastards bought an  HDTV and expected to watch everything in high definition with no more purchses. BR is one way to make use of those expensive HDTVs everyone keep buying, otherwise everyone should stick with SDTV until companies start doing free SD-to-HD exchanges and poor people have HDTVs as well.

If you detest rich people you should move to Norway or Sweden or something where the high rate of income tax is more than 60% and the unemployment benefits are probably higher than the minimum wages of many developed countries. Talk about income redistribution.....

PSN ID: T_Gears

End of 2009 ltd sales:

Wii = 67-68m

X360 = 38-39m

PS3 = 34-35m

Prediction: The PS3 will surpass the 360 on weekly sales after it drops to $299 on all regular weeks (no big releases).

I personally dont think so.
I was down at my local HMV the other night and the BR selection there was tiny.

It was mostly older films that are out years.

Except for one or two like QOS.

@Nintendo man, Blu Ray is optional . Does SONY Force you to by Blu Ray by holding a gun to your head? Sounds like someones got a grudge >_>

Around the Network

@ taxman. Norway and Sweden have the right idea then.

Blu Ray only brings better sound/picture. Nothing else. Nothing. DVD's are still fine. And getting one season of a tv show on one disc is only convenient if you are too weak and flabby to change discs. Blu Ray, more like ass ray. I hope it rots in hell. Along with rich people. I also highly doubt any poor people have HDTV's. I had hoped this recession would kill off Blu Ray & HD but alas.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
ChronotriggerJM said:
@Comrade I'm with you on the cost of movies xD Ironman for $34... noooot thanks :D I have an awesome store that I go to though and get Blu-disc's for pretty cheap ^^ New releases are about $20-24, and the older titles are all $10-15 :)

That's awesome pricing.  I usually do Amazon, they have sales often enough to make it worth my time, but I find myself using Netflix a lot more than Blu-ray purchasing that I have done in the past.

I have spent about $3000.00 on BD movies, so I can't bring myself to buy anymore unless it's a deal that's too good to be true...

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

nintendoman.
/facepalm

Yeah I see a lot more people buying BDs than I did last year. And the BD section at my local walmart was actually kind of picked over yesterday...

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

NintendoMan said:
@ taxman. Norway and Sweden have the right idea then.

Blu Ray only brings better sound/picture. Nothing else. Nothing. DVD's are still fine. And getting one season of a tv show on one disc is only convenient if you are too weak and flabby to change discs. Blu Ray, more like ass ray. I hope it rots in hell. Along with rich people. I also highly doubt any poor people have HDTV's. I had hoped this recession would kill off Blu Ray & HD but alas.

I see, so you're bitter because some people work hard and become wealthy?  So if people take the extra step and work harder or become innovators, if not money, how should they be rewarded?

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

My Wal-Mart had $148.00 Blu-Ray players for sale, 2 pallets Full of them.

well half pallets when I got there.

Didn't see the name of the player, but damn $148.00 is nice.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o