By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Terrorist attack dated it near future.

Does Mr. O even exist?

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Around the Network
arsenicazure said:
Does Mr. O even exist?

Mr. 5 is most closely resemble the terrorists since he is full of explosive.

No love for Mr. 6?

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Bin Laden didn't invent terrorism or do anything to change it really. The attacks get bigger because buildings get bigger and we put more people in them at a time. These people see themselves as freedom fighters, and because of that, if we kill Bin Laden somebody will replace him and Bin Laden will become a martyr. It's not like they meet in a Terrorist Lair and refer to each other as Baron Terrorist and Archduke Terrorist.

Well some of them.

Bin Laden for example doesn't see himself as a Freedom Fighter.

He's just pissed his personal army (that kept getting it's ass kicked) got replaced by the US to help vs foreign threats.

He's just a terrorist out of lost pride and fear of not having any power.

Biological weapons have been a huge joke. Bombs are far more dangerous and far more effective.

The anthrax attacks on this country coordinated by "master scientists" who could "kill thousands" killed five people in total.

There was a chemical weapon used on a subway in Japan (about as crowded of an area as you can get) with an extremely toxic gas. Twelve people died. A bomb would have easily killed four to twenty times as many people if it would have been set off at the same time.

Al Qaeda was lacing some of its bombs with chlorine in 2006 and 2007, but they stopped because it really did little else than make people sick. People were dying from the bomb blast, not the chlorine. They no longer do this at all.

Biological weapons are largely ineffective and can't do anything that a bomb wouldn't accomplish equally or more effectively.

This article has a lot of the death toll numbers if you don't believe me.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/12/05/bergen.wmd/index.html?iref=newssearch

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network
The terrorists already won when we made the Patriot Act, started detaining people without trials, condoned torture, and started living in fear and became more racist, xenophobic, and intolerant than we already were. Why would they want to do it again?

Who is this "we" you're talking about? I've seen nothing of the sort. I won't comment on the beginning part because I haven't looked much into that topic. The rest sounds like a silly child's rant, to be honest. What do you have to prove what you said?

What you described could have been used for a few months after the 9/11 attack, but I don't think that fits at all. In fact, the way we reacted against 9/11 was an improvement on our "racism" problems. Did we lock away all the middle-eastern people like we did to the Japanese in WWII? If anything, that "racism" you speak of is mostly people's fear, which I'd say quickly died down in subsequent years. I've never seen anyone be mean to someone who looks middle-eastern, and I've never heard of anything like that in the news. I even have a few middle-eastern friends and they've never had any problems.

wfz said:
The terrorists already won when we made the Patriot Act, started detaining people without trials, condoned torture, and started living in fear and became more racist, xenophobic, and intolerant than we already were. Why would they want to do it again?

Who is this "we" you're talking about? I've seen nothing of the sort. I won't comment on the beginning part because I haven't looked much into that topic. The rest sounds like a silly child's rant, to be honest. What do you have to prove what you said?

What you described could have been used for a few months after the 9/11 attack, but I don't think that fits at all. In fact, the way we reacted against 9/11 was an improvement on our "racism" problems. Did we lock away all the middle-eastern people like we did to the Japanese in WWII? If anything, that "racism" you speak of is mostly people's fear, which I'd say quickly died down in subsequent years. I've never seen anyone be mean to someone who looks middle-eastern, and I've never heard of anything like that in the news. I even have a few middle-eastern friends and they've never had any problems.

Well my "we" was a gross generalization of America.  But our government's reactions have been to take away our rights to protect our "freedom," which is a self-defeating purpose because what the hell is freedom without rights?  Illegal wiretapping scandal, Patriot Act, and Guantanamo.  I think those alone mean the terrorists won.  They made us scared, so we took away our own rights.  They very literally "destroyed some of our freedom" by getting us so scared we'd destroy it ourselves.

What I meant about the racism and xenophobia wasn't the government's reaction, but it's 7 years later and we still have people freaking out because Obama might be a "secret Muslim" or a "secret Arab," (because these are obviously despicable things to be) and there are several people in Guantamo right now with no charges against them and no trial dates, being held "indefinitely" for "nothing," and we're supposed to assume that they're terrorists and deserve it.

Id like to point out, Osama Bin Laden is an Arsenal fan and came to Arsenals old stadium (highbury) before 9/11...if only we'd known...

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

wfz said:

You serious?  Count yourself as lucky if what you are saying as the truth.  I have seen way more than I would have liked, and my brother told me it was really common at his junior high for people to call the one Middle Eastern kid there "A-rab."  I live in the South though, where we are still eons behind the rest of the industrialized world.

Racism is alive and well, but at least its not as out of hand as sexism.  Minorities have it lucky compared to women.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Eh, I guess California is just way ahead of the game when it comes to racism, or at least where I live. I had no idea that darker skinned** people were still looked down upon by some, until I went on vacation to the south. When I was a kid, I never understood why there were still rantings, protests, and people on Disney TV talking about equality and unity before I went to the south. It's completely different here. :P

**I don't call them "African Americans" because they're not Africans in any way except heritage from many past generations, and I won't call them "black" because that's misleading, and a bit derogatory. Really I think people play out the differences in our heritage way too much. We're all humans with different skin colors, that's it. There is only one human race, btw. :P