By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What is Microsoft's marquee title for 2009?

Every fall, MS has one hugely huge game come out on the XBOX 360.  In 2006 it was Gears of War, 2007 was Halo 3, and 2008 was Gears 2.  With Halo on a 3 year development cycle, it won't be coming, and we just got Gears 2 a few days ago.  What will be the huge marquee title for the 360 this year?

Around the Network

Viva Pinata Kart.

Halo 3: Expansion thing? Mass Effect 2? Wait and See!

I forgot. Maybe it is Mass Effect 2.

But weren't there rumors that it was going multi-plat?

You will know in 2009.

That's their marketing policy. Of all the titles we know, Alan Wake fits the description...

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

I think they may break the new tradition of having one massive game. They'll likely have Alan Wake, Mass Effect 2, Ninja Blade, etc. They have Halo: ODST in Q1 for people who need that fix.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I would guess something not on the radar yet.

Well if it does go multi-plat, enjoy the second one without playing the first one.

DMeisterJ said:
I forgot. Maybe it is Mass Effect 2.

But weren't there rumors that it was going multi-plat?

I wish, but I doubt it. Dragon Age: Origins is launching around that time. Mass Effect 2 is probably 2010.

I think MS is putting a lot into Halo Recon (which benefits me in no way since I hate Halo).

Maybe they will get FFXIII exclusivley! I'm sure we will hear more as we get closer to 09.