By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are there any Action RPG's out (ala Champions of Norrath)?

I'm looking for an action RPG to play with a friend on the current gen consoles.  I have all 3, though would probably prefer it not be on the Wii.  We've already played Untold Legends on the PS3 and Marvel Alliance.  I can't find any others.  What else is there?  Anything?

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Around the Network

The best Action RPGs are on PC, there's several of them. Sacred 2 was recently released.

shio said:
The best Action RPGs are on PC, there's several of them. Sacred 2 was recently released.

Yeah, unfortunatly PC isn't an option here.  We want to play local co-op.  Not sure if thats possible on one computer, and if it is, I certainly don't have it set up for that.  But I'm sure i'll be playing me some diablo 3 once it comes out.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Sacred 2 is coming to consoles in a few months.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Does Fable II classify as an ARPG?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Well, there's Fable 2, even though Player 2 is just along for the ride.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
epicurean said:
shio said:

Yeah, unfortunatly PC isn't an option here.  We want to play local co-op.  Not sure if thats possible on one computer, and if it is, I certainly don't have it set up for that.  But I'm sure i'll be playing me some diablo 3 once it comes out.

I am also a fan of Champions and as mention secared 2 is coming to the xbox 360 with a planned February 2009 release, that seems to be the closest thing

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

xman said:
epicurean said:
shio said:

I am also a fan of Champions and as mention secared 2 is coming to the xbox 360 with a planned February 2009 release, that seems to be the closest thing

Yup.

I think pretty much the same day as the PS3 release.

I've got the Sacred 2 demo for the PC but have yet to fire it up.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Tales of Vesperia has 1-4 local co-op in battles.

Tales of Vesperia (X360 - $56)
Tales of Symphonia (Wii - $36)

Also, Secret of Mana is available on the VC in NA, which is one of the best ARPGs ever.

I don't know why you would prefer a non-wii game. Especially when you can pick it up for $36

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)