By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - how do you feel about dewy's adventure. Will it pick up now in sales?

Hi people,

I hear a lot of people say it's for kids ect it's true but after seeing this: ( 9 minute walkthrough)

http://one.revver.com/watch/351875/flv/affiliate/86387

I am pretty much sold it looks so much better then any other game ( elebits looked good too)

So this brings promises what can be done on the wii for other developers.

Anyway It's a share dewy bombed in the first week in japan but I just take to many other games came out and it will pick up next week or week after because of endless ocean.

I predict 15000 for dewy this week

Your insights? 

Around the Network

ive seen a few movies and it does interest me, im surprised it hasnt done better in japan too, squeeky jolly music, cute characters, quirky gameplay and even a half decent game is usually enough to sell millions in japan :)

As you said it was most probably overshadowed by Engless ocean, especially after its glowing famitsu review.

I quite liked Elebits, although it did have its flaws it was a solid, original game which was nice to see in the sea of rubbish around at the time. I would Imagine Dewy ends up selling pretty well in Japan and hopefully better than elebits did. I think that elebits got a little more press at the time since everything was all new and exciting, now the hype for the wii has died down (a little!) i could see solid little games like these getting overlooked.

im not really sure how well it will do in japan, i do hope sales pick up though, the game looks great. i know i will be picking it up when it comes out in the us

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong

I would love to pick it up but after I pick up (all for Wii):

Metroid Prime 3
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
No More Heores
Zack & Wiki
Brothers In Arms

So probably by the time I buy it it would be budget price of £19.

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers

I have a conspiracy theory that Konami is putting a modest amount of effort into a few token Wii titles and then completely ignoring the marketing aspect of it so the titles bomb and they can go back to HD land saying well we tried to make Wii games but nobody bought them 'cause people only buy Nintendo games blah blah.

Around the Network

DKII...modest effort....in Elebits? Did you play that game? Granted, it got reviewed horribly. But it has the best FPS controls to date (this will change when MP3 comes out). For a near launch title it was amazing and truly highlights the capabilities of the Wii. With Dewy we'll have to wait and see. All I can say though, is that Konami is not releasing minigames or ports. It looks to me that they are one of the only ones really trying.

I just got kind of interested in this game. Probably going to borrow it eventually from my rich friend who buys every game that gets released. =P

DKII said:
I have a conspiracy theory that Konami is putting a modest amount of effort into a few token Wii titles and then completely ignoring the marketing aspect of it so the titles bomb and they can go back to HD land saying well we tried to make Wii games but nobody bought them 'cause people only buy Nintendo games blah blah.

Simply because it ain't a party game. The only junk that really sells on the WII. And then people find it weird I get angry about the fact gamers only buy the casual games on the WII.

@Super_etecoon、that is what DKII mean... you name Metroid Prime 3 and now... let that be a Nintendo game?

I'm still waiting for my version to arrive :(

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

WiiGirl76 said:
DKII said:

Simply because it ain't a party game. The only junk that really sells on the WII. And then people find it weird I get angry about the fact gamers only buy the casual games on the WII.

QFT.

I don't expect sales to pick up. And I don't expect it to be big here either. It looks to be better than most games on the Wii though.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

I think it's a nice platformer to play before SMG release.

True fighters don't wear socks.