By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - how do you feel about dewy's adventure. Will it pick up now in sales?

Xeo_842 said:

Um, isn't excite truck made by nintendo.

Nintendo published it, but Monster Games actually made it. Before that the only title they made for a Nintendo system was NASCAR: Dirt to Daytona for the Cube, which was also on the PS2.

Around the Network

Elebits was a lunch title for the Wii. It has only sold 200k (in VGChartz - add Europe sales). 60k Japan, 140k US.

That's a really weak performance for a quality launch title.

For Dewy to only sell 1-2k units - at launch in Japan - and during one of the biggest sales weekends of the year... something just isn't right. Absolute crap sells better than this (Wing Island, Escape from Bug Island, etc...).

The Wii has passed 3m units in Japan. That's one in every 1:1500-3000 owners picked it up - for a casual, easy to play title.

Maybe its price point, maybe its advertising techniques or effort, lack of established brand name ... (etc). I can't tell you what, but something is definitely wrong - outside of development circles.

Maybe its the retailers themselves - Konami need to do a better job of selling Wii titles to retailers, getting more store advertising, product placement (etc..).

Dewy's looks like a game that would also work on a PS3 (Sixaxis). Have to wonder if it was released on the PS3 how it would go.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

@Wiigirl
First, you're a regular poster at this site, you should be well aware that not just party games sell on the Wii. Second, you're going to sell your Dutch Wii because games in Japan bomb? Dewy is still coming to Euope despite a Japanese bomb and whether Zack and Wiki bombs in Japan it's still coming to the Netherlands so you can play them even if Japanese don't.

I'm not sure what happened with Dewy since as has been pointed out utter crap normally manages more than 1,300 in week 1. It could just be a game the Japanese aren't interested in or it could have been swamped by all the major games releasing. Either way I still plan on buying it whether the Japanese did or not.

Relating to DKii's point, it would be interesting to see if developers dependant on a publisher are focusing more and better efforts on the Wii than the larger hybrid developer/publishers. I have no doubt that most developers prefer working on the PS360. It's the publishers, the guys who actually care about making money, who like the Wii. I wonder if the problem with companies like Konami is that developers (e.g. Kojima-san) have to much influence and cause the company to make bad business decisions (e.g. Kojima-san).

Anyways, the bean counters will force a change eventually as they have already at EA and Namco-Bandai since profit and not poly/s is what keeps companies in business.

I was referring mainly to advertising with a small side of production values. Elebits was a good game but you could still tell it was cheaply made, Konami just does a good job making good games regardless. :p

not sure what the requirements are to be considered a launch title but elebits was released...

- JP on Dec 2
-US on Dec 12
-EU on May 4
-AU on May 7

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

It actually looks really interesting and like a fun puzzle game, but I kind of felt myself getting a little nauseous with all the tilting. I know a lot of people got sick from playing Half-Life 2 but I wasn't one of them and generally don't have a weak stomach but I don't know, this game just gave me that bleh feeling. Hopefully it doesn't do that on a bigger screen.

I don't know what to make of this game it's different and i like different the controls look good i like the art direction but i want something else. I think the wii needs a co-op FPS

This title would do well if it were marketed to the right demographic. The right demographic is younger children preferably below the age of ten. I would like to see this title succeed at the very least be profitable. I like to see developers get rewarded for showing some innovation.

There are too many things in this game to put off the more mature gamer. That said it is up to the developer to bring the hype for this game. Simply put the premise and the artwork alone will drive people away. Who will shade this as a kids only game whether the gameplay merits it or not.

I think over the coarse of the console this game will do well especially once it reaches an appealing price point. This simply does not look like it is worth the price of a full game. However parents will buy it for young kids over time. So I look to this title to be a low and slow burner. There is nothing wrong with that.

What is the object of this game? RPG? Action? It seems like it has a Pikmin-like flair to it. Single player only? I might have to check it out for the "other people" in my household...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

@kn-- It's a puzzle/platformer game by the looks of it.

@Dodece-- I would love to see the challenge level before I decide if it's just for kids. It could be like Zach and Wiki where it definitely has that kid look for it's actually pretty hard and is made for a more mature audience.