By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - A Super Street Fighter II Turbo Remix Thread

The PS3 Controller is way better than the Xbox Pad for fighting games.
Do you like the game Nordlead?

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Around the Network
elgefe02 said:
I got the 100 Ranked mAtchs Achievement. Now I have to start working in the next one... Congratz Disolitude for getting the every fighter achievement.

I need a explanation why our score got screw...

thanks man. Yeah yesterday must have been noob night cause I was pwning everyone left and right...with thawk :)

Me and Darc Requiem got a few rounds in as well...that was fun.

I have no clue what happened to our rankings. Maybe we are too good and the ranking system can't rank us :)

nordlead said:
disolitude said:
nordlead said:
ok, so this thread wasn't posted in the gaming forums, but does anyone know of a good PS3 controller for this game? I'm looking for something that has a d-pad more similar to the old SNES pads.

go to ebay and check out "sega satrun usb". ebay is selling the pc version of the saturn pad which work on the ps3...and is the best dpad ever made...

does any USB controller work on the PS3. Like for example, a USB SNES controller?

edit: oh, and I finally got good enough with the PS3 controller to beat it on easy

Did you beat akuma? Even on easy hes a handful...you get to him by not losing a single match till you get to bison.

Otherwise all usb controllers "supposedly" work on the ps3. However I have had madkatz ps2 controllers not working on the ps3...so nothing is guaranteed I guess. That saturn pad works as I have it...

elgefe02 said:
The PS3 Controller is way better than the Xbox Pad for fighting games.
Do you like the game Nordlead?

I'm sure it is, but I keep jumping on accident with the PS3 controller, even though I don't hit the up button at all. So I'm having a really hard time doing the <-  -> + P attacks and stuff like that. Also, I NEVER use the joysticks for fighting games. I would use an arcade stick, but not one of those thumbsticks on the controllers. Hence why I'm looking for something more similar for an SNES d-pad.

I used to have Street Fighter II Turbo for the SNES, and I was amongst the best of my friends and could beat the game on the hardest dificulty. (only 1 person I knew could beat me consistently). Now, I know this has the word SUPER in front of it, so it is a differnt game, but I just plain suck at the game

I still really like Ryu, but I don't like the changes in Ken from regular to Super. I never really cared for Ken though anyways. I haven't really tried anyone else, since I'm still getting my fighting skills back.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

disolitude said:
nordlead said:

does any USB controller work on the PS3. Like for example, a USB SNES controller?

edit: oh, and I finally got good enough with the PS3 controller to beat it on easy

Did you beat akuma? Even on easy hes a handful...you get to him by not losing a single match till you get to bison.

Otherwise all usb controllers "supposedly" work on the ps3. However I have had madkatz ps2 controllers not working on the ps3...so nothing is guaranteed I guess. That saturn pad works as I have it...

No, I typically die in some stupid death when the computer has like || that much health left. I haven't played a traditional fighter in years, so I'm getting my skills back.

well, that is good to know about the USB controllers. My brother has a SNES USB controller so I may borrow it and test it out. If I had that, I would be a lot better just from familiarity, as I never really used a PS controller before.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
disolitude said:
elgefe02 said:
I got the 100 Ranked mAtchs Achievement. Now I have to start working in the next one... Congratz Disolitude for getting the every fighter achievement.

I need a explanation why our score got screw...

thanks man. Yeah yesterday must have been noob night cause I was pwning everyone left and right...with thawk :)

Me and Darc Requiem got a few rounds in as well...that was fun.

I have no clue what happened to our rankings. Maybe we are too good and the ranking system can't rank us :)

... not it was not a noob night.. Since our ranking is so bad... now the game consider ourselves noobs.

So we are pitted against noobs too, its nice to win almost every fight but its get boring after a while.

I enjoy to get my ass kicked once in a while because I learn new ways to win...

Probably this change will help me to get the all warrioirs achievement faster.

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

@Disolitude

More like you owned me for a few rounds. I never could quite get over the hump with Cammy. I did take you down to the wire each round but, you'd win. I have to work on my closing skills with Cammy. It was good fun though. I guess I need to get owned by El Gefe next.

I discover an easy, fast and cheap way to get the "All warriors ranked match Win"
Do you guys wanna help me? It needs only a friend online.

elgefe02 said:
I discover an easy, fast and cheap way to get the "All warriors ranked match Win"
Do you guys wanna help me? It needs only a friend online.

What does it involve? Im guessing I set up a match and you find me?

nope.. I need to setup a room (Private + only one round) invite a friend, and beat him with all characters in one session, so all characters have a 1 victory on the chart. after that the achievement is unlocked.

The guy that told that has the achievement unlocked but not the 20 ranked matchs achievement so I pretty much believe him...

Do you wanna help Disolitude?