By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - A Super Street Fighter II Turbo Remix Thread

Wheres the love for this gem. Capcom delivered once again. This remake is so fuckin amazing, words can do no justice. The sprites are excellent, the music is exciting, and the online is perfect. I can't believe how balanced the game is. This game is a must buy for PS3/360 users. We need to start a tourney here @ vgchartz.

Around the Network

I find this version to be the easiest to pull of moves and all. I don't know if it's because of the stick, but I remember that my thumb used to hurt when playing it on the SNES.

And yeah, the biggest thing about this release is the music in my opinion. I just love video game remixes, and these are probably the best theme remixes I've heard in a while! =P

I still didn't fight Akuma yet though...! @_@

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

sorry guys, i got it for the ps3 because i didn't like the 360 controller... but i might have to buy a joystick anyway.

it's been such a long time since i've played any street fighter that i only know ryu and ken... even ken's qcf kicks surprised me!

i'm sure i'll be at the bottom of the barrel if there's any ps3 tourney going on.

btw, i don't play online much, but i hate how people leave if they are losing...

I have the PS3 version too, not the 360 one. It's because I never pay for live and don't want to start now.

@SHMUPGurus
The Remixed version has more relaxed input so if should feel easier pulling off moves. If you try classic mode and you're getting the same success then it's your stick.

I stopped playing online because it was all Ryu and Ken and that go annoying. (go bob sagat)

i need to pick up a faq so i can play with the other characters.

Around the Network

The Dead or Alive 4 arcade stick works wonderfully with it.

I like it a lot, wasn't sure at first, AI difficulty is insanely hard, like it always was I guess... finally beat it on default the first night and went to online.

Online is freaking amazing. Even bad ping connections play good. I have a decent connection but fighting games online have never worked too good, SF is perfect. Bravo capcom for making the online fighting a priority in development and making sure it worked.

My only complaint is the still limited (2 frame) animation in the background. Back in the day it was understandable, now days it's not. Takes me out of the game when you have these fully detailed characters and backgrounds and they move all janky. Arm up... arm down... arm up... arm down. Cheesy. Otherwise no complaints, 9 out of 10.

Game is amazing...however there are some issues.

1. Chun li, fei long and Akuma are way too overpowering now with the tweaks.
2. Missing a super move can't be punished as there is no animation after the super move where the opoosing player can do damage
3. Online is glitchy, and sometimes the energy bars become frozen so you can't see the opponents and your energy meter

Otherwise the game is great and I am glad it exists.

Anyone else here feel like having a VGChattz tournament(xbox 360)?  I'm down...and I already played Daddy Keil so I know hes in...

I bought both versions. I have a tough time executing moves with the 360 pad, though. I also wish there was an option for the original Super SF II/ SF II soundtracks. Still an amazing deal, though. Barring some surprise dlc, I'm going with SF IV on the PS3.

d21lewis said:
I bought both versions. I have a tough time executing moves with the 360 pad, though. I also wish there was an option for the original Super SF II/ SF II soundtracks. Still an amazing deal, though. Barring some surprise dlc, I'm going with SF IV on the PS3.

You need to spend 250 dollars like I did on PS2 version of the Sega Saturn pad and PS2 to Xbox360 converter.  :) Then it plays like butter... or you could buy an arcade stick.

I bought a Gamestop controller. It works great for Soul Calibur, and better than the standard 360 controller for SFII, but it still kinda sucks. I'm strictly a d-pad guy when it comes to fighters.