By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Resistance 2 Debuts at Disappointing in UK

I actually think that Killzone 2 is the problem. It stolen all the hype. How can you buy a shooter like R2 when you know that a game like Killzone 2 is just waiting to be picked up in February? My money does'nt grow on trees, i'll save my pennies for february.

(After playing both of the Betas, the thing is pretty obvious)

Around the Network

The biggest problem Resistance faces (and any other Sony game for that matter) is Sony's crappy marketing team. They do an awsome job of getting the fanboys hyped up, but they fail to go beyond that.

Resistance is basicaly Sony's version of Halo. In some ways it is better, and in some ways it is worse. Their is really no reason this game should be selling the way it is, besides the fact that Sony does not market to the mainstream.

All I can hope for is that Sony makes a big deal out of Killzone 2. As far as this year goes, they already killed Little Big Planet, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, and Resistance 2.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

^^and then there's the article posted by aidey68 above.
A lot of stores could have been relying on EUK to deliver
But I do agree they need to step up the marketing.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

KylieDog said:
Oh, another R2 sales thread. This is as needed as another RPG on the DS.

How about waiting 6 months and discussing some real sales data.

Sooo...first week's sales data isn't an indicator of performance now?  Can you provide some data to show how mediorce openings translate into massive sales ltd?  It's been my observation that if a game opens strongly, it stand a strong chance to do well, and if it does...  With other big name shooters coming out on the ps3 like KZ2, I'm not sure why there will be some boost in R2...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

KBG29 said:
The biggest problem Resistance faces (and any other Sony game for that matter) is Sony's crappy marketing team. They do an awsome job of getting the fanboys hyped up, but they fail to go beyond that.

Resistance is basicaly Sony's version of Halo. In some ways it is better, and in some ways it is worse. Their is really no reason this game should be selling the way it is, besides the fact that Sony does not market to the mainstream.

All I can hope for is that Sony makes a big deal out of Killzone 2. As far as this year goes, they already killed Little Big Planet, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, and Resistance 2.

This.

For some reason Sony fails to reach the big part of the market that would love these games, had a PS2 last gen, but are now on Wii or 360.

Part of it is price, but marketing is lacking a lot. Here in Holland Wii and 360 commercials are everywhere. PS3 as well, but as a BluRay player only and half of those are with Wall-E...

Around the Network
Paperdiego said:
who expected r2 to be good?
i was under the impression that the first resistance game was mediocre at best. a generic sooting game??

what is resistance 2?? never heard before.

heruamon said:
KylieDog said:
Oh, another R2 sales thread. This is as needed as another RPG on the DS.

How about waiting 6 months and discussing some real sales data.

Sooo...first week's sales data isn't an indicator of performance now?  Can you provide some data to show how mediorce openings translate into massive sales ltd?  It's been my observation that if a game opens strongly, it stand a strong chance to do well, and if it does...  With other big name shooters coming out on the ps3 like KZ2, I'm not sure why there will be some boost in R2...

Resistance

MotorStorm

R2 has sold better than both of these games.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

euk stores waiting for resistance 2? so u think its an excuse? blame the manufacturer, the developer. sony or watever. look at gears 2 launch, its so well prepared every stores get their copies, posters at the launch day.

heruamon: so because it didn't get the sales that some people expect (and the game deserves, according to the people who did play it), the reason is "because people are not buying into the hype"? Oh please...

gengka said:
euk stores waiting for resistance 2? so u think its an excuse? blame the manufacturer, the developer. sony or watever. look at gears 2 launch, its so well prepared every stores get their copies, posters at the launch day.

EUK is under administration by Deliotes since nov 27, so it probably is a factor.

They are/were a vital link in the chain and were relied on to get software to many retailers.

Not just for R2 but probably for other games too.

They were pretty big.

http://www.entuk.co.uk/content/20.chtml

However the effect shouldn't last more than a week or two for the supply chain to be restored.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral