By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Looks Like The 360 "only" Sold about 350k in NA last week.

noslodecoy said:
Max King of the Wild said:
I dont think bigjon cares how the ps3 did. also I'll repeat myself here. MS gets their numbers from gamespot. So in gamestop the ratio was 3:1

If the 25% as well is only from GameSpot's numbers then the percentage does not help well at all.  Could be higher, could be lower.

fixed

Around the Network

btw- I am a PSWii owner, if these number I am pasting are true is not it worse for the PS3 to have sold like 120-130k than the 360 to have sold around 350k.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Bigjon you know you can complain, moan and hate about this as much as you want, it won't change the numbers. And if you don't like them? Tough.

MS did not sell 310k in one day. I also have NO clue how you figured % of BF numbers for the week.

I just used the numbers in this thread, I used the 270k explaining the process in my previous post, but then used the 310k number since someone mentioned it.

VGChartz reports 381,789 for the week.

Using Black Friday numbers of 270k (we'll use this instead) we can find that 70.72% of the week's consoles were sold on Black Friday.

Microsoft reports there was a 25% increase in sales for Black Friday.

Increase last year's numbers by 25% bringing us to 337,500 for Black Friday.

Factor in the percentage outside of Black Friday for last year and that brings us to 436,320 units sold in the USA.

You'd then have to factor in Mexico and Canada.

But yes, this is very anecdotal, but no more than any of the other guesses here.  I'm just saying 500k is still possible using numbers.

noslodecoy said:
I dont think bigjon cares how the ps3 did. also I'll repeat myself here. MS gets their numbers from gamespot. So in gamestop the ratio was 3:1

If the 25% as well is only from GameSpot's numbers then the percentage does not help well at all.  Could be higher, could be lower.

fixed

Lol, I knew what you meant, yet I still followed suit :P.

Around the Network
bigjon said:
btw- I am a PSWii owner, if these number I am pasting are true is not it worse for the PS3 to have sold like 120-130k than the 360 to have sold around 350k.

Yawn.  We already know Microsoft sold 310k last Thanksgiving weekend.  It improved 25% which makes it around 388k.  That doesn't include the rest of the week in America or Canada.  You should really have some clue of what you're talking about before you make stupid threads like this using misinformation.  There's always somebody who jumps the gun and thinks they've found something nobody else has and makes a thread like this which of course ends up backfiring on them.

I also like how you chastized people for "believing ioi's numbers over official numbers" while you used VGchartz 270k numbers for the week in 2007 instead of official numbers that Microsoft released.  Great researching.  Nobody likes it when people are hypocrites.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

seece said:
Bigjon you know you can complain, moan and hate about this as much as you want, it won't change the numbers. And if you don't like them? Tough.

you can hope and wish all you want but its not gonna make the 360s sales any higher (at least not forever.... maybe in the short run.... before fiscals and such)

Forgive me for looking at numbers and doing math. I shall ride the wave of emotion from here on out!!!

But still 25% increase that is good, but not super dooper drastic. Ok i need to go watch some video of people fighting for 360s to get myself in the mood....

thread starter failed.

If Microsoft said they sold 310,000 last year, and 25 percent more this year, on one day of the week, then 500,000 seems like a conservative estimate for the console, over the entire week.

plus include canada and mexico increases

erikers said:
bigjon said:

Yawn.  We already know Microsoft sold 310k last Thanksgiving weekend.  It improved 25% which makes it around 388k.  That doesn't include the rest of the week in America or Canada.  You should really have some clue of what you're talking about before you make stupid threads like this using misinformation.  There's always somebody who jumps the gun and thinks they've found something nobody else has and makes a thread like this which of course ends up backfiring on them.

I also like how you chastized people for "believing ioi's numbers over official numbers" while you used VGchartz 270k numbers for the week in 2007 instead of official numbers that Microsoft released.  Great researching.  Nobody likes it when people are hypocrites.

Says the fellow with the Gears 2 icon....

Did you not read where I said I assumed VGC numbers had been adjusted to Microsofts numbers. Also either way I am right to an extent, ioi's numbers (early) seem alittle high.

you really should read the entire thread, and read everything I write before you make a stupid post intending to make me look like an ignorant dumbass. I already admitted that the MS numbers being different from vgc changes things.

craighopkins said:

thread starter failed.

If Microsoft said they sold 310,000 last year, and 25 percent more this year, on one day of the week, then 500,000 seems like a conservative estimate for the console, over the entire week.

plus include canada and mexico increases

damnit i forgot all about mexico, you nailed it there buddy. exactly how does this make 500k a "conservative estimate?"

Doing the math, and being generous to the increase %'s in the rest of NA 450 or so seems to be the consensus. Which makes ioi's over 500k a little high.

So ya I was wrong, but not entirely. Too bad it appears VGC was off as much as 90k for this week last year.