By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Other SALE UP! -- Playstation biting the dust!

DS- 779K

Wii - 515K

360 - 310K

Ps3 - 169K

PSP - 143K

Very disappointing for PS3

{please delete other thread mod)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

What an amazing turnaround for the 360!!!!

AW S**T 40 million Wiis in the endo of this year confirmed! D:

Double S**T 50 million Wiis sold in the end of then fiscal year possible! D: D: D:

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

NXE is awesome, look how many 360s sold after it was released. It just keeps going up. ~_n

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

????

mM
Around the Network

I've reached the point where I can no longer be surprised or impressed by Wii/DS hardware.

Massive owwies for PS3. It was doing so well this year, espescially in Others. But now... D:

lord have mercy, me and me friends have all brought a ps3 this week, well i brought another ps3 should i say i dont know anyone who has brought a 360 this week, well it must be next people i dont know who has been buying a 360 but i find these numbers hard to believe

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

--OkeyDokey-- said:

I've reached the point where I can no longer be surprised or impressed by Wii/DS hardware.

Massive owwies for PS3. It was doing so well this year, espescially in Others. But now... D:

me to

CGI-Quality said:
Not unexpected though. Sony had NO pricecut and still managed to sell 170,000 systems in just one region. I would not call this a failure but a delay in what's to come for PS3. It isn't that it's doing bad just not as good as we would like it to. Still great for 360 but, once again, this is not a shocker. $200 vs $400 - Yes 360 will continue this, especially during this time of an Economic Crisis the likes which we have not seen since the Great Depression.

Wow, I don't mean to respond to you in another thread, but face the facts.

It was announced that only around 50% of arcades contributed to these sales. So, if 360 sold 310k, that puts it to 155k ARCADE units sold alone, meaning that 60gigs/Elites contributed to these great sales (which, if you've been following up, you would know because 360's are sold out almost everywhere in every SKU save an Elite here and there).

That means that, without $200 arcades, 360 STILL sold more than PS3 in others. Imagine when America pops up..

Point being, please let the "$200 price vs $400" thing go. Obviouslu price has a factor, OBVIOUSLY (throwing that in here for future flames), but come on now.. NXE, plathora of great games, etc..

And yes, the PS3 is doing well. We know.

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

Wow, massive ownage, the PS3 is in deep shit ww nowadays. Its kinda funny actually, but I do hope they pull it together, I don't wanna end up owning a system that has lost all support.