By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Other SALE UP! -- Playstation biting the dust!

abroZ said:
The Fury said:
I'm just interested really in how and why a console once cheaper then the PS3 and not outselling it, now has a slightly cheaper price and is outselling it.

Wii still rules though.

The advertising for the 150 euro sku here in Belgium (and I think in all of Europe) is insane. This is the first time that the masses really see the price difference between ps3 and 360. On almost every busstop there is a big poster showing a 360 with a 150 euro price tag. Wii and DS are showing up on tv every 5 minutes. I haven't seen this much advertising for a console(s) ever. Even in the ps2 era, Sony didn't have a merketing campaign this big.

I agree.  The cheaper 2 consoles are going in for the kill this holiday.  They know there's an opportunity to gain some marketshare here, and they are going for it.  Outside of the Halo launch, I can't remember seeing so much 360 advertising ever.  And Nintendo has a much bigger presence, especially compared to last holiday when they basically pulled their holiday ads in the U.S. because it was a waste of money - they didn't have the supply to meet the demand, so they didn't need to spend the money generating more demand.

This year, apparantly Nintendo has the supply chain ready and they are pushing hard.  I'd say for every 10 console-specific ads I've seen on TV the past two weeks, it's been about 5 for 360, 3.5 for Nintendo and 1.5 for PS3.  And the 360 and Nintendo ones are different, while I only see the same urban street one for the PS3.  I really only have watched hockey and football though, with an occasional other show, so the percentage may be different for other programming.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Around the Network
Infamous said:
CGI-Quality said:
Not unexpected though. Sony had NO pricecut and still managed to sell 170,000 systems in just one region. I would not call this a failure but a delay in what's to come for PS3. It isn't that it's doing bad just not as good as we would like it to. Still great for 360 but, once again, this is not a shocker. $200 vs $400 - Yes 360 will continue this, especially during this time of an Economic Crisis the likes which we have not seen since the Great Depression.

Wow, I don't mean to respond to you in another thread, but face the facts.

It was announced that only around 50% of arcades contributed to these sales. So, if 360 sold 310k, that puts it to 155k ARCADE units sold alone, meaning that 60gigs/Elites contributed to these great sales (which, if you've been following up, you would know because 360's are sold out almost everywhere in every SKU save an Elite here and there).

That means that, without $200 arcades, 360 STILL sold more than PS3 in others. Imagine when America pops up..

Point being, please let the "$200 price vs $400" thing go. Obviouslu price has a factor, OBVIOUSLY (throwing that in here for future flames), but come on now.. NXE, plathora of great games, etc..

And yes, the PS3 is doing well. We know.

Since you proved that you can divide by 2, I'm surprised that you apparently can't figure out (correctly) whether 169k is bigger than 155k.

[edit:  and shame on CGI-Quality and leo-j for arguing over this post for so long without catching it.  I mean, talk about an easy target!]

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

In my town in the Netherlands, a new game store just opened up, and has the coming time PS3 + LBP + Motorstorm 2 = 350 euro.

Seems a good deal at this moment.

''Hadouken!''