By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - CONFIRMED! Uncharted 2:Among thieves

makingmusic476 said:
Munkeh111 said:
Rainbird said:
Munkeh111 said:
BHR-3 said:
BHR-3 said:
nice i always like winter settings in games reminds me of good ol ps days with MGS stealth and climbing seem good but i hope the story is more adult rated than the first wasn't feeling the drake and elena connection

Also would like to see less on no screen tearing as the first 1 had way to much for a ps3 exclusive

I will forgive the screen tearing for the fact that there is no loading

Hell, imagine Uncharted: DF with no screentearing, no texture pop-in and slightly better graphics. I think this will be how Uncharted: AT is going to be like, as the teaser doesn't reveal any major graphical upgrades (albeit, I still think it looks better than U:DF)

Well let's wait for some gameplay, which should not be coming soonish, though the snow effects were certainly good

Gameplay videos won't be very telling of issues like screen tearing.  Almost every video of LBP prior to release, even scripted trailers, had serious screen tearing, yet the final game has none.

True, but they will still give us some idea of the graphic improvement over UDF

Around the Network

Of course. Even the teaser did that! That snow implies particle effects on par with Killzone 2!

makingmusic476 said:
Of course. Even the teaser did that! That snow implies particle effects on par with Killzone 2!

They better not remove all the water effects!

Now why would they do that. :P

Munkeh111 said:
makingmusic476 said:

I doubt they ever would. Besides, GI says Drake will follow Marco Polos trail, and I can, with almost 100% accuracy, say that he went places that had water, suitable for an Uncharted title 

Around the Network
*~Onna76~* said:
Munkeh111 said:
BHR-3 said:
BHR-3 said:
nice i always like winter settings in games reminds me of good ol ps days with MGS stealth and climbing seem good but i hope the story is more adult rated than the first wasn't feeling the drake and elena connection

Also would like to see less on no screen tearing as the first 1 had way to much for a ps3 exclusive

I will forgive the screen tearing for the fact that there is no loading

Yes, the US version has more screen tearing than the European version. I've played both and the European version had only a bit of screen tearing at certain points (like in the chapter in the search of El Dorado), but the US version had those quite a lot. I'm happy I've got the EU version now. I hope the second part won't have that anymore or a V-Sync option.

never knew that thanks for the input

i don't think i could forgive it after it was said that uncharted 1 only used 30% of the ps3's power and it will be like 2 years since the first 1 came they had enough time

Play Me

Rainbird said:
Munkeh111 said:
makingmusic476 said:

I doubt they ever would. Besides, GI says Drake will follow Marco Polos trail, and I can, with almost 100% accuracy, say that he went places that had water, suitable for an Uncharted title 

Yeah, it says he will also follow his voyages. I am not quite sure where this is going to take us, though I assume India, China and the Himmilayas will feature

I actually have the US version as I imported it, but I still saw little screen tearing... I don't notice these things

i wamt to see what they have done with the graphics. Hopefully they have really upped it and you can instantly teel a difference. I own number one and that had amazing visuals, uncharted 2 PLLLEAASSEE have better visuals!

lulz, i JUST realized that Drake was still bleeding.