By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo makes $6 from every Wii sold

Those numbers are not only undertracked, but make it seem as if the Wii is below the PS3 and 360.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

Well, they made $49 US equivalent at launch on consoles sold in the US at launch, less in Japan, $79 US equivalent in Europe, more elsewhere.

So I'm guessing this is not true

Half the people arguing here even care to read about the definition of operating profit??? there is a difference between profit and operating profit!
if you have understand the term then that $6 prediction isnt too much off from reality.

Lets put this in a simple example:
you make some item cost you $3 to make and you sold it for $10, and you get a profit of $7. Now lets say your wage is $4/hr and this item took you 1hrs to sell it. now your Operating profit is $3!!!!

They make way more I think its around $40.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

way way more, from games alone they would not be making 1 billion EACH quarter+

Around the Network

So the article says there are only 13 million PS3's, it only costs $300 to make a PS3 and $260 to make a Wii? And somehow if this were true, Sony is still losing money on each PS3 even though it sells for $400? Also, the 360 which uses many more parts than the Wii somehow can break even at being sold for $199?

The article has no facts whatsoever. Back in 2006 it was figured that each Wii cost around $150.

I think that it doesn't really matter how much nintendo is making off each console sold. Even if they only made a cent for each one sold, they'd still be rolling around in wads of cash.

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

whacker41 said:
I think that it doesn't really matter how much nintendo is making off each console sold. Even if they only made a cent for each one sold, they'd still be rolling around in wads of cash.

38,000,000 x $.01 = $380,000 = Not exactly wads of cash for a massive game company.

Username2324 said:
whacker41 said:

38,000,000 x $.01 = $380,000 = Not exactly wads of cash for a massive game company.

I was exaggerating. Terribly sorry if you misunderstood

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

KillerMan said:
So X360 cost less to manufacture? Confusing.

The Wii has BT and MS HW is old.