By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII is already a BEAST -- Wins an MTV GAME AWARD!

FFXIII Wins Award In The Category -- "DO BELIEVE HYPE"

The German MTV Game Awards 2008 took place yesterday and surprisingly Final Fantasy XIII was entered into a category. It may seem so far away but the huge amount of excitement surrounding the title got it entered into the "Do believe the hype" category.

It seems that even though the game is taking forever, the anticipation for it is just as huge as it was 2 years ago. It won the award and although he couldn't attend the show, Yoshinori Kitase, the producer of Final Fantasy XIII left a video message accepting the award. The reason he said he couldn't attend was because "the development of Final Fantasy XIII is right now at a very important stage". The nominations video has been uploaded to Youtube and can be viewed below.

Source: MTV Game Awards Germany

Just goes on to foretell the legends & legacy that this Final Fantasy will have in the future.

I feel FFXIII is set to be one of the benchmarks of this gen & RPG's in general.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

OK, this is just absurd... I dont know, but for me the FFXIII games already lost most of their hype at least a year ago...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

how dare you!

the hype intensity increases day by day for most of us FF fans.

MTV? :)

It had strong competitors, but neither of them can come close to FF's level of quality (IMO) and success (fact).

Congrats!

Around the Network

@rei

I agree

@xen

what do you mean?

At least they got the platforms right...! ^^

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

I have zero respect for MTV, that's what I mean. They know gaming like they know music.

Xen said:
I have zero respect for MTV, that's what I mean. They know gaming like they know music.

Couldn't have said it better myself, the last time MTV had good music was when the SNES was in it's prime.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Xen said:

Couldn't have said it better myself, the last time MTV played good music was when the SNES was in it's prime.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"