By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft buying Square Enix?

I'm all for microsoft buying square-enix for one, and one reason only.

Square-Enix + Microsoft = Squaresoft!

Aside from that, I highly doubt microsoft would be interested in buying square-enix, Its more likely they'll chip into Vivendi's or EA's assets before going after japanese gaming companies.

I can see them buying Bioware, or any number of north american companies before they buy square-enix.

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?

Around the Network
Smashed said:
Infamous said:
Smashed said:
Square Enix wouldn't last without the other consoles.

So no, it probably will never happen.

*looks at Gears, Halo, and Fable 2 sales/popularity and thinks of SEs already established fanbase*

From what it seems, they would last a very long time.

But I personally don't want to see SE with Microsoft only, I'd prefer them multiplat. Microsoft is fine with Mistwalker and it's FF developers, I just wish they'd announce LO2/Cry-On so people can cream their pants already.

Rofl, their fanbase isn't THAT big, if it was, they wouldn't have dropped 75% in sales in 08.

SE does have a huge fanbase, I just think the majority of them are waiting for FFXIII.  o_o

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

contract with them....quite possible.

buying them? lol...yeah right like they could afford that...or could they? would cost a shit ton + a few billion

oh and since sony has whatever % stock in SE they would either have to keep the games multiplat or give sony a certain % of the income from the games they make together /shrug

NightstrikerX said:

Square-Enix + Microsoft = Squaresoft!

Genious.

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

SE games on 360 have sold an astounding, under 1 million units.

On the other platforms, millions.

It'd have to be a hell of a lot of money.

Around the Network
markers said:

contract with them....quite possible.

buying them? lol...yeah right like they could afford that...or could they? would cost a shit ton + a few billion

oh and since sony has whatever % stock in SE they would either have to keep the games multiplat or give sony a certain % of the income from the games they make together /shrug

Come on, you can't be serious. If MS can offer $43 billion for Yahoo, a company like S-E is a drop in the pond. But it's still not a good investment.

hell yea....that is their plan....make square enix lose $ so it will be easier for them(m$) to buy SE....................lol jk

but yea m$ will soon buy SE

not to get off topic but wow how times have changed. square basically made every single one of their games exclusively for ps2, and now we look today how they are making all their games exclusive to not-ps3.

on topic, i doubt microsoft will buy square. square is not only a japanese company but it is also too large for MS to buy maybe.

i think its a possiblity, just depends on how much this new ff universe thing ends up costing square-enix. @mrstickball, about rare they werent a 3rd party dev. they were a 2nd party dev , when nintendo owned them and when m$ bought them they became a 2nd party dev for them. also i disagree with your statement about rare not being a good venture for them, all of rare's titles for the 360 have sold over 1 million+ and thats good i think because 2 of them were new ip's and 1 was a prequel(perfect dark zero).

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

DMeisterJ said:
SE games on 360 have sold an astounding, under 1 million units.

On the other platforms, millions.

It'd have to be a hell of a lot of money.

are you deluded? anyone in the right mind knows that only FF,DQ,SO,KH sell over the 1 million mark. SE games on the 360 (Infinite Undiscovery, Last Remnant, Project Sylpheed) wouldn't had sold 1 million in either the ps3 or the Wii, get your facts right troll. :) JRPGS are niche.