By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Name All Consoles in 12 Minutes

NightDragon83 said:

I got 38 out of 68... in an effort to try to remember as many old school systems as i could i forgot THE WII ROFLMAO!!! Also took me like 20 tries to finally get it to recognize TurboGrafix-16 (i forgot the dash... so sue me why dontcha!) I also forgot the Neo-Geo Pocket

This list sucks cuz they include crap like the Pioneer LaserActive and the Mega Duck (WTF?) and even included the friggin Atari Flashback I and II as a game console even though they are basically the same as all those dozens of other self contained retro game systems packed in the shape of classic arcade sticks or atari joysticks.

Also, the list includes systems like the Sega Nomad and CDX which was a portable Genesis and an all in one Genesis/32x/CD, yet the list does does not contain the Sega CD or 32x themselves... even though they are not stand-alone systems they are still game systems nonetheless, and if they can stick stuff like the Atari Flashback on there they should have included those 2 as well.

I typed Turbografx and it accepted it like that, no 16 and no dash whatsoever

And that wasn't the sega CD? I typed Sega CD and it entered, didn't have any idea that it was the CDX (never even heard of it), that's why it seemed strange that it accepted the Sega CD and not the 32x

Around the Network

I got 40

I got 46. But I have several complaints.

I don't consider closed-ended systems relevant. The pong units from the 1970s and the dedicated units from the 2000s were stoppers.

It would not take answers such as the Apple Bandai Pippin and the RCA Studio II (I didn't remember the APF MP-1000 either but that was not listed as well).

The PV-1000 was not released in North America (outside of Japan) to the best of my knowledge. I was buying games and following games in the 1980s and never heard of it.

It says that upgrades were not to be part of it -- but the SMS and SMS II are the same system.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

zexen_lowe said:
NightDragon83 said:

I got 38 out of 68... in an effort to try to remember as many old school systems as i could i forgot THE WII ROFLMAO!!! Also took me like 20 tries to finally get it to recognize TurboGrafix-16 (i forgot the dash... so sue me why dontcha!) I also forgot the Neo-Geo Pocket

This list sucks cuz they include crap like the Pioneer LaserActive and the Mega Duck (WTF?) and even included the friggin Atari Flashback I and II as a game console even though they are basically the same as all those dozens of other self contained retro game systems packed in the shape of classic arcade sticks or atari joysticks.

Also, the list includes systems like the Sega Nomad and CDX which was a portable Genesis and an all in one Genesis/32x/CD, yet the list does does not contain the Sega CD or 32x themselves... even though they are not stand-alone systems they are still game systems nonetheless, and if they can stick stuff like the Atari Flashback on there they should have included those 2 as well.

I typed Turbografx and it accepted it like that, no 16 and no dash whatsoever

And that wasn't the sega CD? I typed Sega CD and it entered, didn't have any idea that it was the CDX (never even heard of it), that's why it seemed strange that it accepted the Sega CD and not the 32x

Hmmm, wouldnt accept turbografx until i threw in the -16... maybe it just doesn't like me LoL!

And yeah same thing with me i typed in Sega CD and they entered it as "CDX" so i was like alright, then went back and tried Sega CD and Sega 32x for like a minute and couldn't get neither one to work so i gave up.

Yeah the CDX was out on the market for not even a year, maybe 6 months at that and it was like $300 so it was no wonder it was a bust.

Actually I was wrong when i stated earlier that it was an all in one Genesis/CD/32x, it didn't play 32x games only genesis and CD games.  Believe it or not there was actually ANOTHER system Sega was working on during that time (late '94) code-named the Neptune, which was supposed to launch the next year right after the Saturn, and that was the one that was designed to be an all-in-one Genesis/CD/32x and replace those existing consoles.  But of course it never came about because the 32x was dead in the water, and Sega was hemmoraging money after the losses from the 32x and the botched Saturn launch.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

mike_intellivision said:
I got 46. But I have several complaints.

I don't consider closed-ended systems relevant. The pong units from the 1970s and the dedicated units from the 2000s were stoppers.

It would not take answers such as the Apple Bandai Pippin and the RCA Studio II (I didn't remember the APF MP-1000 either but that was not listed as well).

The PV-1000 was not released in North America (outside of Japan) to the best of my knowledge. I was buying games and following games in the 1980s and never heard of it.

It says that upgrades were not to be part of it -- but the SMS and SMS II are the same system.

Mike from Morgantow

LoL i was waiting to hear your results Mike... I was expecting you to be the first to get into the 50's 

Oh, and sorry for going off topic but, i checked out the Wiki page for the Xavix (never heard of it before)... and.. um...

Is this thing the precursor to the Wii?!?!?!?

http://www.xavix.com/

The XaviXPORT is the main console for the XaviX Interactive System. Released by SSD COMPANY LIMITED in 2004. The console uses cartridges and special wireless controllers. The controllers are shaped like sports equipment (such as baseball bats or tennis racquets). The users actions are transferred to the television screen through the use of human interface sensors. Currently the MSRP for the XaviXPORT is USD $79.99.

[edit] Applications

• Bowling
  • Tennis
  • Baseball
  • Golf
  • PowerBoxing
  • J-Mat
  • Bassfishing

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
Jabo 494 said:
Zucas said:
39 with the help of wikipedia haha.

I got the same score using wikipedia...

Weird haha.  Well to be fair I already had 30 before I opened up Wiki.  Wiki didn't really help much at all ya know.

It's missing a bunch of systems and it doesn't register the system names so well. I'll give you guys a hint to which systems it's missing. One is a vextrex game system, one is made by a fruity company. There are plenty of other systems it's missed as well. Game and watch, Tiger games etc. if they count the Gameboy then they need to give a nod to the things that lead up to it's release.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

MY INTELLIVISON HELPED ME LOTS

41/68

Name recognition is odd sometimes, for example,I typed  "game & watch" and nothing happens... and there're no Pippin. Damn, totally forgot about Colecovision, Arcadia 2001, Gizmondo etc...

Damn, only 26 -.-

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective