By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MK VS. DC UNIVERSE OR SOUL CALIBUR IV

i want to buy a fighter but i am not sure which one. i am a fan of both series. i asking really both PS3 and 360 owners but i just put under Sony because that is the system i am playing it on.

Around the Network

Soul Calibur IV all the way.

MK has gone downhill since it turned 3D. The characters punch like they have joint issues and the fatalities in the new game suck!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

both of the games sux for me, and yes i've played both
so ur looking for a fighter on the ps3
i say go to ps store and get TEKKEN 5 DR for $20

or u can grab the new street fighter for $15
or street fighter alpha for 4.99 or 3.99

soulcalibur 4, its for me the best in the series and very addictive. when i put over 50hrs into a fighting game, thats when i know i truly love the game and i am addicted to it. the character creator/customation feature in the game is awesome and the online play is great as well. i would give the game a 9.5/10

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Definately Soul Calibur 4,  it's a very impressive fighting game.  Up there with Virtua Fighter 5 as one of the best  next....current-gen fighters...

Check us out at the Vindication Gamer Network on Youtube. 

Around the Network

Soul Calibur IV without a doubt. It is the best fighting game currently out this gen. I think it'll hold that title until Tekken 6.

The single player is interesting, offline multi is fun, but online is seriously bugged. Also, with the character creator, you can create crappy DC and Mortal Kombat lookalikes!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Of these two? Get Tekken DR.

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

Soul Calibur IV. However I am enjoying DC vs MK, as it's just a fun beat em up.

Flow said:
Of these two? Get Tekken DR.

Screw what I said earlier. This.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

If it wasn't for SC4's character editor, I'd have to think about buying it. I say this because they removed Team Battle mode. That simple feature alone was impressive and added tons of replay value for me, and my bro who doesn't even play video games. It would've been even more amazing combined with what you can do with the char editor.

Still though, the game is pretty good. I still play it sometimes, but it definitely lacks more gameplay modes.

I'll add one more thing....I didn't even find out about this till I bought SC4 since no one really brought it up, but it's easily the most frustrating thing for me in the game: The equipment/armor/clothing pieces in the character creator all have their stats attached to them. That means if you care about having really good stats, etc, you might end up looking a little random and mismatched. Many of the equipment pieces are imbalanced too (some pieces are made obsolete by others). The only 2 gameplay modes where special stats don't apply are Arcade mode and Standard versus.

Still though, I don't regret buying it, but it had potential to be something much more awesome.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link