By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why I dislike Sony: Long Post

NiKKoM said:
SmokedHostage said:

3.) Sony actually copying Ninty

Yes I said it.

If it was for N64 controller being announced, this would have been the Playstation one controller.  Notice the lack of Dual analog.  Doesn't look familar?

Dude that IS the playstion controller.. I still have 2 of them.. the Dualshock appeared later...

honestly i always thought the original ps controller was a ripoff of the virtualboy controller 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

SONY is one of the best companies out there.

Good hardware.
Great designs.
Their products are among the nicest in the store.

''Hadouken!''

don't forget it was the lack of third party support in gaming which also killed the Dreamcast.and if playing dvd's right out the box was just a gimmick than why didn't Sega do it or thought of it.as for graphics looking the same on both systems,if the games were made from the ground for both systems you would see a difference.

This hand of mine is burning red. It's loud cry is telling me to grasp victory.....SEKIHA TENKYOKEN!!!

If you want another reason to hate Sony (some of the reasons you stated made sense), try this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Sony_BMG_CD_copy_protection_scandal

Personally, I dislike Sony because of their attitude as a member of the Big 4. I believe that the Big 4 are a cancer to the music industry. Fortunately, Internet is destroying their business model. Anyway, I go off-topic so I'll stop here.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

ok my 2 cents...

1. the ps1 was a direct copy of what the snes was except for a cd rom in it but the cd player aspect of it was gimmiky, the ps1   controller was indeed copied from ninty.

2. the ps2's dvd player was a big reason lots of ps2 owners bought a ps2. easily 50%, the 120 million everyone saysthat the ps2 has in a way is false if you ask around everyone that has owned or still owns a ps2 will tell you they are on their 4th or 5th copy of the system. so i take it as this as the system did well so did hte breaking of the console which had the same people buying the system over and over again.

3. the dreamcast was killed off by the ps2's dvd player option. sega gave up as well if they would've kept going the dreamcast i believe could've takent eh ps2 in sales as the alternative.

4. stop dissin her on her opinion cause its more common then not that sony has bad hardware. when does the warrenties start running out on the ps3's and watch them start failin more then they already have.

5 alot of people bought the hype of the ps2. remember that same duck demo that they keep showing over and over and over again to show the "power" of their machine? the second and third time they showed it everyone was like ummm SSDD for sony. i myself hopes sony loses so much their game division gets cut but it wont till after the ps4 bombs.

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

Around the Network

Nice thread.. Although I prefered the design of the PS controller.

@ scorptile

Could you use your english checker please? Didn't understand one word of your post.

SmokedHostage said:
Simulacrum said:
You suck.

Was this truly necessary?

Well...I don't want to argue with you,and I think you are wrong,so...

Take my love, take my land..

Well, I'll have to take you to task on your whole opinion really.

Sony (while a little high in price on most of their products) really makes a great product every time they create anything. Sony is long known to be the leader in technology and quality.

I have always been a Sony fan, because their products are always a few notches above the competition (yes, there are exceptions to this, but all-in-all, Sony always makes a great product).

As for your "Dreamcast Killer" comment, that's just silly. Everyone knows that the Dreamcast was killed by Sega. Out of all of their marketing campaigns, the Dreamcast campaign was one of their worst.

On top of this, Sega hurt themselves by deciding to kill of the Saturn as quickly as they did. A lot of developers were cut short in the middle of development of titles for the Saturn when Sega abandoned the console as quickly as they did... and most of them were in no hurry to develop titles for the Dreamcast because they still had the bad taste in their mouth from the Saturn abandonment.

More importantly, while I've always had some affection and a soft spot for the Dreamcast, it wasn't as good as a system as the PlayStation 2. I know Dreamcast fanboys hate to hear this, but it's just true.

The Dreamcast failed because it wasn't as good of a system, Sega marketing has always sucked, and the Dreamcast was just another example of that, and most importantly they ticked off game developers.

And as for the controller, every manufacturer tried and still tries to make a controller that is somewhat like the competition (for hand-eye familiarity) but different enough to be called alone.

If you want to dive into controller idea copying, Sony really helped spur the ergonomic minded controller. Everyone else really just copied them... but who cares? Sega (for the Master System & Genesis) copied the controller pin-set of the Atari 2600. We used to swap in the Atari stick on the Sega for some games and vice-versa.

Long story short, Sega killed themselves.. they know it, I know it, game developers know it... heck anyone who was around when they released the console knows it. Sega has even admitted this postpartum.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

1. Sony makes high quality products. The failure rate of PS3's is extremely low. they make great TV's and much more. They are one of the most trusted names in electronics. I'm sorry your laptop broke, but theres no guarantee if you had a different brand laptop it would be working perfectly.

2. So your pissed PS2 destroyed the Dreamcast? And a DVD player isn't a gimmick, motion controls are.

3. The controllers are similar, but still different enough. The 360 controller took more from the Dualshock than the PS1 took from the N64 controller.

4. Firstly your from USA so don't worry about Japan. Secondly GT5 and FF13 and vs 13 are the Japan love your looking for.

Playstation 3 owner since December 25th, 2006