By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts week 48 (2008), Sonic Unleashed and Resistance 2 debuts

darthdevidem01 said:
As i said weeks ago

COD WAW will KILL Resistance 2 sales...

people feel COD is simply better

it will be like Saints row 2 vs GTA 4

Resistance 1 NEVER had the competition of COD3.......as COd wasn't a mainstream success then.

now things have changed a lot!

if COD WAW could manage ALMOSt 1 Million on PS3 in ONE WEEK....Resistance not being able to barely manage 1 Million in its first 2 months shows which game took sales away from which game

They is very well thought out and most likely true. It is in my case, today I bought COD: WaW over R2. I am very happy, COD5 is everything that COD4 is, but makes it better. The only thing that is "not as good" is the setting (Modern was pretty cool), But I know many people who prefer WW2. Besides I like it being different, I will keep playing both : ).

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

Not a so good for Resistance 2, does Prince of persia release next week.

...Did anyone notice that Tomb Raider: Underworld for X360 had a pretty decent increase, and the PS3 version dropped below it for the week?

That's crazy.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
...Did anyone notice that Tomb Raider: Underworld for X360 had a pretty decent increase, and the PS3 version dropped below it for the week?

That's crazy.

The 360 version of 'Need for Speed: Undercover' is now above the PS3 version too.

What shocks me most is how the 360 versions of 'FIFA 09' and 'PES 2009' are easily outselling their PS3 counterparts there. 2 years ago, it would just have been a ridiculous fanboy dream (just like FIFA effectively beating PES in sales).

just like i predicted, 'TRU started to sell better on PS3'

but after week 2, TRU PS3 going down fast, and TRU xbox 360 started to climbing up
same as NFS Undercover, it is just too many good games for xbox 360

good job MS

Around the Network

I wonder what other software numbers are negatively influenced by this:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/euk-stores-waiting-on-resistance-2

http://www.entuk.co.uk/home

Seems like they're under administration since 27 November

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

It's odd that Lego Indiana Jones and Kung Fu panada are stuck next to each other in the list (last weeks too) when they aren't bundeled together in the UK. Or are they?

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Seneque said:
mrstickball said:

That's crazy.

The 360 version of 'Need for Speed: Undercover' is now above the PS3 version too.

What shocks me most is how the 360 versions of 'FIFA 09' and 'PES 2009' are easily outselling their PS3 counterparts there. 2 years ago, it would just have been a ridiculous fanboy dream (just like FIFA effectively beating PES in sales).

Well over 81k new 360 owners want something to play :D

Guinnes World of Records, Mario and Sonic Olympics are Bundled in a lot of shops in the Uk now.

Crazy (UK) sales. Wii, DS & 360 almost completely dominating - here come the old Ninty sellers as well.

Goodbye LBP - at least for now. Next week, it will almost certainly be gone from the charts as Xmas buying patterns take hold.

WiiMusic is doing just fine - one more position, and in week 4(?) it would have outsold Resistance 2 on the PS3 on its debut week. Not something expected...

Can supply issues stop WiiFit at the line, and give Mario Kart the #1 for the year?

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099