By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Disturbing Wii trend

@psrock: Didn't Wii have more games?

@Gorgory: Great analysis. I think you should send a work application to Wedbush Morgan, you'll get a well paid easy job.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

psrock obviously made a typo and meant NJ.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

I have a friend who owns a video game shop in the US.

He does not stock much Wii stuff because it does not sell. More to the point though, there are some games he finds he cannot stock because his distributors don't carry them.

So it can be a problem here too.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

I thought Benelux nations are biased against the Wii?

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

mike_intellivision said:

He does not stock much Wii stuff because it does not sell. More to the point though, there are some games he finds he cannot stock because his distributors don't carry them.

Mike from Morgantown

This really raises the question are the low sales (in certain wii genres) because consumers won't buy certain games, because stores won't stock certain games, because distributors won't ship certain games, or because developers won't put a real effort into certain games?

Around the Network

mario and sonic sold a lot because it had Mario in the title

LOL

The Wii has some serious problems....for all of it's success, it is still getting treated like the Gamecube LOL

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

astrosmash said:
mike_intellivision said:

Mike from Morgantown

This really raises the question are the low sales (in certain wii genres) because consumers won't buy certain games, because stores won't stock certain games, because distributors won't ship certain games, or because developers won't put a real effort into certain games?

I think it has more to do with the fact that casuals dont go to game shops to buy games. Right now the Wii is always sold out at my Walmart Target BestBuy, but it takes a day or 2 to sell out at Gamestop. That is actually the circumstance in my town right now. No one has Wiis but GS, and they have them because they have a buttload in the back. The only time I can recall many casuals attacking GS was when the Wii was soldout EVERYwhere, they were calling GS alot then.

Ok so to the point, most of the places people have mentioned are gameshops, not major retail stores. Gamestops would have less interest in carrying, The Cooking Mama/ Game Party/ 3rd Party games(multiplat). Game shops sell to gamers, and most gamers if they have a Wii also have a PS3 or 360.... Why would you buy non hd version unless the Wii controls are done like really well....

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Here in Australia, well at least where I am.

Like the OP said same for me almost the only difference being, those stores know those games exist except they do not have any stock.

Okami, you had to pre order to get it.

CoD: WAW, no copies,

the other games you mentioned haven't been too bad when it comes to stock.

Here most shops the Wii has the most bench space, except for maybe EB they tend to give the same about to all three consoles. However I noticed they LACK the variety of games comapred to other giant retailers. Maybe cause they sell the games at about $20 cheaper and they are sick of price matching haha.

Game in the U.K. have the cheek to put all the Wii stuff right at the back so you have to search for it. Also Gamestations have a poxy Wii section in the middle of the shop about half the size of the xbox360 section. Don't think these shops like the Wii and want it to fail.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!