By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - From what i heard resistance 2 is best first person shooter this year.

Ari_Gold said:
leo-j said:
Infamous said:

Or maybe it's because people who have played Gears 2, L4D, CoD5 and R2 just don't prefer it as the best?

Your opinion is your opinion, but knowing you it's not suprising you say it's the best.

I have played COD5, LEFT 4 DEAD, and Resistance 2

GEARS 2 is a third person shooter, RESISTANCE 2 is a first person shooter, there is a difference, but coming from you(looks at avatar) there is no point in tyring to start a decent argument.

Leo-J and argument don't mix well.

You and Sony thread's don't mix well.

Around the Network

I honestly dont care about my post history, but my opinion is that R2 is a better game than any other FPS released this year, why dont you play it instead of trying to insult me?

mM
dallascowboysfan101 said:

I heard that resistance 2 is best fps this year. Do you think so

Resistance 2 WON 2 awards at E3. they are E3 2008 Best FPS, and E3 Best Online awards. All FPS presented at E3 were eligible for the award such as CODWAW and Far cry 2, as for the online there was a ton of competition such as Spore, Gears, CODwaw, LittleBigPlanet, Killzone, and much more.

it is the best FPS this year, and there are plenty of reasons why, the diverstiy of the enemies, the scale of the maps and enemies, the creative weapons/tools at your disposal, a deep long story line, and much more. Lets not forget the 8 player co-op and 60 (yes 60) player online, 30 VS 30 is sick.

FPSrules said:
dallascowboysfan101 said:

I heard that resistance 2 is best fps this year. Do you think so

Resistance 2 WON 2 awards at E3. they are E3 2008 Best FPS, and E3 Best Online awards. All FPS presented at E3 were eligible for the award such as CODWAW and Far cry 2, as for the online there was a ton of competition such as Spore, Gears, CODwaw, LittleBigPlanet, Killzone, and much more.

it is the best FPS this year, and there are plenty of reasons why, the diverstiy of the enemies, the scale of the maps and enemies, the creative weapons/tools at your disposal, a deep long story line, and much more. Lets not forget the 8 player co-op and 60 (yes 60) player online, 30 VS 30 is sick.

The BOSSES. 

leo-j said:
I honestly dont care about my post history, but my opinion is that R2 is a better game than any other FPS released this year, why dont you play it instead of trying to insult me?

I have played it, nothing that would cater to my interests. Also if you discredit another user, and I discredit you? It is trying  to show that you both present a strong bias towards the games you love.

I agree I present strong bias as well time to time.

Around the Network

best 1st person shooter of the year for me, best shooter for me also, the online multiplayer is just superb and will last a long time.

next stop killzone 2 for me..............

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

i have to say resistance 2 is definitely better than cod5 waw singleplayer as i have got both. I havent played other fpss on other platforms but i think its the best fps this year

I have L4D on my PC, was in the COD w@w beta on 360, own R2. and my winner and most played is R2. Its an easy choice cause the game gives you all the options you want in an FPS.

I think the game is awesome (still haven't finished the campaign though), better than Resistance: Fall of Man, which I also think is very good overall. I haven't played all the shooters out this year, but for me I think this is the best shooter for the year!. 8-)

This game is a lot of fun! The scale is great, very hectic scenes, amazing multiplayer functionality, etc. I am having more fun with it than I did with Half-Life 2, my previous favourite!

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Acevil said:
leo-j said:

I have played it, nothing that would cater to my interests. Also if you discredit another user, and I discredit you? It is trying  to show that you both present a strong bias towards the games you love.

I agree I present strong bias as well time to time.

So you have played Resistance 2? When was this?

mM