By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 complications caused GTAIV delay - analyst

There's a difference between him predicting the future of the market versus total speculation with no facts about why GTA IV got delayed.

I think this guy really wants to get quoted everywhere.

If he says something like this, he has to actually show facts to back it up or it's just talking out of his ass.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

N'Gai Croal thinks the opposite of Pachter. Whatever. It's delayed and the only people to blame are Rockstar and Take2.

http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/levelup/archive/2007/08/02/speculation-on-the-factors-behind-gta-iv-delay.aspx

ben go fuck yourself, just more proof that wii owners can't handle the truth about their shit console thats only sold to old men who touch kids.

theshoe23 said:

Crazy ass hypothesis:

Microsoft's 50 million dollar deal was for exclusive downloadable content.  Perhaps Rockstar (who seems to be getting closer to Sony all the time)  has created a deal that they will package the game with the ps3 (also with a huge price drop).  Sony did say they would be the victor in the console race by March 2008. What if some form of the downloadable content is made exclusive to the PS3 by virtue of blu-ray disc capacity.  Why would this delay the 360 version?  For all of the good reasons already mentioned, and they wouldn't want to piss off the 360 owners that wouldn't have the same content available by download at the same time.  Just an idea.

If anyting, Rockstar seems to be getting further away from Sony, not closer. After all, until the past year, every new game they released was exclusive to the Playstation platform for quite some time.

And Rockstar themselves have stated several times that both retail versions will ship with identical content and that the DLC will include content exclusive to Microsoft. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

This doesn't make sense. We all knew that the 360 was getting GTA this fall and MS touted it at E3 as the only source for GTA this Christmas (and you had to wait till after for the PS3.) Why would delaying the 360 version have anything to do with the PS3?

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
theshoe23 said:

Crazy ass hypothesis:

Microsoft's 50 million dollar deal was for exclusive downloadable content.  Perhaps Rockstar (who seems to be getting closer to Sony all the time)  has created a deal that they will package the game with the ps3 (also with a huge price drop).  Sony did say they would be the victor in the console race by March 2008. What if some form of the downloadable content is made exclusive to the PS3 by virtue of blu-ray disc capacity.  Why would this delay the 360 version?  For all of the good reasons already mentioned, and they wouldn't want to piss off the 360 owners that wouldn't have the same content available by download at the same time.  Just an idea.

If anyting, Rockstar seems to be getting further away from Sony, not closer. After all, until the past year, every new game they released was exclusive to the Playstation platform for quite some time.

And Rockstar themselves have stated several times that both retail versions will ship with identical content and that the DLC will include content exclusive to Microsoft. 

Not really, the resen annoucement of le noire being exclusive to the ps3, and the new series they are working for exclusively on the ps3. It doesnt seem they are turning away from sony.

mM
benlikesanal said:
ben go fuck yourself, just more proof that wii owners can't handle the truth about their shit console thats only sold to old men who touch kids.

Ohhh....this is PS3owner...that makes sense.  Too bad I'm not the one who banned you.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

We need a drama board on the forum.

I don't understand why people say stuff like that...and then say we're biased against Sony or Microsoft or whatever...

I don't know who banned him, but he deserved it.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Once again, Pacther spouts off at the mouth. Want to know the reason it was delayed?

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/804/804228p1.html

Quote: "There are still truckloads of bugs to be worked out - the framerate is a little worrying, as is the pop-up. With just a few months of development time left, we're hoping what we were shown was just an early build; otherwise, Rockstar still has a lot of work to do in order to make the October release date."

This is running on 360 hardware, and the PS3 version was said to be two weeks behind the 360 version. So, looks like they couldn't smooth it out in time.

leo-j said:

How many times do people have to say this, sony says its running at 60fps and EA confirmed it weeks ago.

This has been brought up again and again, leo-j. Madden is only running at 30fps for the PS3. Here is an article where 1up interviews Phil Harrison about it, dated this Tuesday, July 31st: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3161666