By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit is it even worth the hype and wait?

Tuulikk said:

Well, yes and no. 64 MB of GDDR Ram is new current gen tech. Most of the rest is probably at least based on old tech from GC. Most upgrades is probably on GPU and RAM.

And yeah, it's like with DS, if I don't remember wrong, DS has some modern tech, but it's still +/- N64. Wii can outdo Xbox and GC, but not escape from them.

Doesnt mean the third parties dont use a last gen engine on their games on the Wii either. So I think Wii was still last gen technology, if so, then Activision can pull out a good COD 4 engine on the Wii easily... But guess not.

We really cant deny that the Wii was just a pimped GC with motion controls, as long as the games arent average PS2 graphics quality then we should be happy about it. Have you seen De Blob on  your screen? That game really looks good.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network
yushire said:
Tuulikk said:
yushire said:

I just hope that HVS dont anticipate this game to sell for atleast over 300,000 in its first week though. We knew this is a new IP and we knew this game will have decent sales I just hope HVS  thinking the same way.

It would be stupid for them to! It could sell good anyway.

It does seem like core games on Wii are selling better now then they did a few months ago. That should mean that core gamers are increasing on Wii by maybe new and converted gamers, plus multiplatform gamers buying more Wii games. I think it is from now on to about the release of The Conduit we will see if the market is sustainable (yet) for core games, how many and what type of game.

I just hope so... though I knew it would sell in decent amount maybe a million seller in a year will be ideal not really realistically, but still even it only sell 500,000 in its first year the game was still be profitable.

Just remember, 6 months from now is a lot of time for things to change. By that time if all goes well, Wii will be superior to GC on thirdparty core gamesales. The sales should tell about it in the benining of next year. The first sign would be not many core games dying before 400k.

I HOPE SO... But then even some third parties are anticipating this. SEGA and Namco Bandai was one of them. There'll be a big turnaround this coming year, if not then whats these overwhelming sales of the Wiis? Dont tell me that those Wiis sold are just for casuals.

But still... I think HVS shouldnt be overconfident that somehow they can sell The Conduit to be over a million in course of the year like Halo and Gears did. Unless they have new things that added to make the game special.

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

I'm not hyping it too much but it does look like a really fun game, and it uses wii motion plus, wii speak, and what not. Its not so much about how good the conduit will be but how massive of an impact it will have. When the first week's sales come in I think alot of people will be impressed.

However it looks like a shooter with a really good campaign and the last time I played that was 007 on GCN and N64, and perfect dark. COD WAW had a boring campaign IMO, don't flame me for this. I just felt bored, and it seems like you just do what they tell you and kill people, with like hardly any strategy or puzzle solving.

Yeah sure COD WAW is pretty awesome online but it doesn't have wii speak , and it only has DM, TDM. Plus its only 8 players. They could've done much better. HVS seems to be going 100% and polishing, and adding all the goods. On top of this according to most sites it plays really well, with amazing controls.

Support good third party games on wii. Buy games like house of the dead overkill, de blob, madworld, the conduit and boom blox.

I do think it could sell 300,000 copies in its first week. It seems to have alot of hype going for it, and more than just gamers that surf game sites. I mean some of the articles on IGN got like a thousand comments.

Support good third party games on wii. Buy games like house of the dead overkill, de blob, madworld, the conduit and boom blox.

Around the Network
yushire said:
I HOPE SO... But then even some third parties are anticipating this. SEGA and Namco Bandai was one of them. There'll be a big turnaround this coming year, if not then whats these overwhelming sales of the Wiis? Dont tell me that those Wiis sold are just for casuals.

But still... I think HVS shouldnt be overconfident that somehow they can sell The Conduit to be over a million in course of the year like Halo and Gears did. Unless they have new things that added to make the game special.

Casuals...

Some people buys Wii for core games, Nintendo games, because everyone does it and then don't play on it, for Wii Fit, for party games, for other casual games, for their kids and so on.What happens then and when is the interesting thing.

Now I must sleep, my brain is shutting down. :) I'll write more when I wake up! Thanks for the discussion!

DMeisterJ said:
It's an average shooter, but since the Wii doesn't have many shooters, it's seen as above average.

I'm sure some people are still waiting for this title.

Tell me what makes it average since you stated what you said as fact, you put no substance to that post, and technically that's against the rules.  So I ask what makes it average?  Fighting aliens? Shooting guns?  Cause the graphics aren't good enough?  Really those are the only things you could take from the videos and info on the game which if that makes it average then 90% of the AAA shooters are average as well... I'm looking at your Gears, your Halo, your Resistance, and your Killzone... so really what makes it a fact that it's average?  It sure isn't the controls that no other console could ever have... 

I know a lot of people make this point but DMJ you've been around long enough to not state things you don't know as fact man you can only take it for what you see and whats there is actually really nice, sure aliens aren't new but they haven't been for over 10 years man... at least this story has more government conspiracy deal going on which is really interesting then some over powered super soldier that all stereotypically acts the same...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Tuulikk said:
yushire said:

Casuals...

Some people buys Wii for core games, Nintendo games, because everyone does it and then don't play on it, for Wii Fit, for party games, for other casual games, for their kids and so on.What happens then and when is the interesting thing.

Now I must sleep, my brain is shutting down. :) I'll write more when I wake up! Thanks for the discussion!

38 million Wii owners so far are mostly casuals? Naah... Impossible. Ninty could cater the casuals for how long, but it doesnt mean that most Wii owners are core gamers either. I think wii userbase are divided right now, thats why some core games and casual games have legs and not fronloaded. As term stof used endloaded. So it only means that The conduit will not have frontloaded week sales but definitely not become flopped and have decent sales.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

yushire said:
Tuulikk said:
yushire said:

Casuals...

38 million Wii owners so far are mostly casuals? Naah... Impossible. Ninty could cater the casuals for how long, but it doesnt mean that most Wii owners are core gamers either. I think wii userbase are divided right now, thats why some core games and casual games have legs and not fronloaded. As term stof used endloaded. So it only means that The conduit will not have frontloaded week sales but definitely not become flopped and have decent sales.

Haha. :) The Casuals part was hust a joke. The rest of my post is what I ment. :)

I hope it is. This and Monster Hunter 3 have me hyped.

~Currently Playing Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank: FTOD, and Resistance: Retribution~