By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - am i the only person on planet earth that can't seem to like any metroid?

i got super metroid for the vc (what some of you claim to be the gretest game ever made), and i got stuck a couple hours in, and lost interest in it. i played metroid prime 1 and 3, and i got bored with them as well. i don't know why, but i can't play any of them for more than 30 minutes without having to play something else for a little while.

am i human even?

edit: sorry for the double topic. can a mod delete one of them please?

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

brawl friendcode - 3823-8201-9151

mario kart wii friendcode - 0387-9491-4552

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

current mk wii worldwide sales (jan 9th): 553k

Around the Network

Yea, everyone always claims how great all metroids are and i myself don't care for any of the metroid primes. i do enjoy the older offerings from the franchise . But whatever if you don't like it nobody should talk you out of it.

You crazy! Super Metroid IS one of the best games ever. Although you are allowed your own taste in games. Doesn't really matter either way.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

while i certainly like the metroid games a lot, i do have to disagree with the seemingly universal opinion that super metroid is one of the best games ever. certainly an amazing game, but i wouldn't go quite so far to say one of the top few ever. but the metroid series is pretty much the highest quality franchise in gaming. there isn't a single not-great metroid. even mario and zelda franchises have some off games.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

ilovetogame said:
while i certainly like the metroid games a lot, i do have to disagree with the seemingly universal opinion that super metroid is one of the best games ever. certainly an amazing game, but i wouldn't go quite so far to say one of the top few ever. but the metroid series is pretty much the highest quality franchise in gaming. there isn't a single not-great metroid. even mario and zelda franchises have some off games.

This. Only Diablo and Half-Life can boast such an achievement and they are young when compared to Metroid.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network
vonboy said:

i got super metroid for the vc (what some of you claim to be the gretest game ever made), and i got stuck a couple hours in, and lost interest in it. i played metroid prime 1 and 3, and i got bored with them as well. i don't know why, but i can't play any of them for more than 30 minutes without having to play something else for a little while.

am i human even?

edit: sorry for the double topic. can a mod delete one of them please?

I'm a PC gamer too. Played the 2D original back in the 80's, then Super Metroid on the Snes (bought the T-Shirt!)

1st-person games are made for mouse and keyboard. Add quality mods and a great online community..well you know what I mean.

Just because you got stuck doesn't mean you dislike it. It may be just too hard for you. Maybe you need to go back to regular FPS games that require a lot less problem solving skills.

EDIT: I just realized that may come off as if I'm calling you stupid. I'm not. I just mean that many gamers don't like games that actually make them think, instead they just want run and gun or relatively linear gameplay. Metroid definitely is not that.

vlad321 said:
ilovetogame said:

This. Only Diablo and Half-Life can boast such an achievement and they are young when compared to Metroid.

I always felt that the original Diablo sucked donkey balls. The second one was fun, but it really hasn't aged gracefully enough for me to put it on the pedestal you seem to have it on.

As for Metroid, it's about exploration punctuated with boss fights. If you aren't an explorer, you aren't going to much appreciate it. That's okay. You can have your linear shoot-'em-ups, and I'll have my lovely adventure games (and prehaps a sample of your shoot-'em-ups here and there).

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I didn't dig 2D Metroids much (as well as its gaming cousin, Castlevania).

I liked Metroid Prime Corruption, though. Which is weird because I'm not *that* big on FPS.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad.

Super Metroid may just be the best game ever made but not everyone will like it. Stop worrying, you are human.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions