By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Gorgory said:
wow ps3 fanboys are reporting ilogical things!! all of a sudden the ps3 sells out but 360 and wii are on high stock lol.

why do you need to lie? there is no way ps3 will sell more than any other console, stop lying. i cant believe what i read

locally the only consoles available are wii's at gamestop and maybe some xbox elites (doubt it).  Only reason gamestop has wii's is becasue they are limiting sales to ensure they dont run out.  a

Around the Network
Gorgory said:
wow ps3 fanboys are reporting ilogical things!! all of a sudden the ps3 sells out but 360 and wii are on high stock lol.

why do you need to lie? there is no way ps3 will sell more than any other console, stop lying. i cant believe what i read

It's better to wait for NPD numbers.

At my local Wal-Mart, we had 82 PS3's, 90 Wii's, 72 arcades, 40 pros.

Sold all the 360's by lunch. Ended up with aobut 40 PS3's, and of course, no Wii's whatsoever.

As for software, it went about how you'd expect. 360 software flying off shelves, PS3 stuff not moving that well. Still had some LBP copies from before black friday(It's selling like a niche game, I only saw 1 copy sell). Wasn't enough of the big name Wii games to go around(Kart/fit), so the shovelware moved quite a bit. Fallout 3, GTAIV, MGS4 didn't get any bumps, look to have been at least somewhat frontloaded. WaW best selling game on the PS3 by far.

Wii accessories were flying off the shelves. I bet I told 25 people what the hell Wii points were for.

Honestly, I believe the PS3 is gonna have a rude awakening when NPD rolls around. From my experience, the majority of sales at my store were from people who were afraid they weren't gonna be able to get a 360 before christmas. i actually was responsible for a few of those PS3 sales, told folks "PS3 has about the same graphics and games as the 360, it's just more expensive, but has Blu-Ray." /explain what BR is to people, ect, ect.

We had this early morning deal with a 360(pro or arcade, I forget)/guitar hero III and guitar sku for 199. Had like 14 of them, lol, sold out in a few minutes.

Is this anecdotal evidence true, or a lie? Do you ever notice how apparently whatever system a person is a fan of, that whole area around that person is also fans of that particular console.

I don't think we need anecdotal evidence to figure out what happened in the US market today. The Wii60 sold like crackrocks on angeldust. The PS3 is the big question. In all likelyhood it either sold well for a 399 console(less than the 360), or got completely destroyed in an epic wakeup call to Sony.

As for sales, the LBP/R2 legs theory will be put its first test. Other than that, you got the big 6: Gears, Fit, Kart, Duty, Rocktar Hero, Others.

I'll let you decide if my anecdote is real, however if it wasn't, would my predictions likely be wrong. What came first, the chicken or the egg?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

Sold all the 360's by lunch. Ended up with aobut 40 PS3's, and of course, no Wii's whatsoever.

As for software, it went about how you'd expect. 360 software flying off shelves, PS3 stuff not moving that well. Still had some LBP copies from before black friday(It's selling like a niche game, I only saw 1 copy sell). Wasn't enough of the big name Wii games to go around(Kart/fit), so the shovelware moved quite a bit. Fallout 3, GTAIV, MGS4 didn't get any bumps, look to have been at least somewhat frontloaded. WaW best selling game on the PS3 by far.

Wii accessories were flying off the shelves. I bet I told 25 people what the hell Wii points were for.

Honestly, I believe the PS3 is gonna have a rude awakening when NPD rolls around. From my experience, the majority of sales at my store were from people who were afraid they weren't gonna be able to get a 360 before christmas. i actually was responsible for a few of those PS3 sales, told folks "PS3 has about the same graphics and games as the 360, it's just more expensive, but has Blu-Ray." /explain what BR is to people, ect, ect.

We had this early morning deal with a 360(pro or arcade, I forget)/guitar hero III and guitar sku for 199. Had like 14 of them, lol, sold out in a few minutes.

Is this anecdotal evidence true, or a lie? Do you ever notice how apparently whatever system a person is a fan of, that whole area around that person is also fans of that particular console.

I don't think we need anecdotal evidence to figure out what happened in the US market today. The Wii60 sold like crackrocks on angeldust. The PS3 is the big question. In all likelyhood it either sold well for a 399 console(less than the 360), or got completely destroyed in an epic wakeup call to Sony.

As for sales, the LBP/R2 legs theory will be put its first test. Other than that, you got the big 6: Gears, Fit, Kart, Duty, Rocktar Hero, Others.

I'll let you decide if my anecdote is real, however if it wasn't, would my predictions likely be wrong. What came first, the chicken or the egg?

yea i'm quite skeptical when the 2 ps3 fans in this thread are the only ones saying the ps3 did really well.  I mean i can see what is going on with the sales, it could be that the store they work at sells many ps3s but when that person only posts pro ps3 stuff in other threads, it makes it hard to believe.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Or perhaps fans of certain systems only report data when they see it benefits there system. Wii was instock near me for most of the year all over the place, but for the last month all the stores i have been too have been sold out. The 360 models are still a hit or miss which ones will be instock, PS3 supply has been increasing for the last month while most of the year there were very few if any at the stores i went to.

DS has had massive supply all year, only selling out when wal-mart dropped the price to $99. PSP units are starting to sit on shelves, while early in the year they were selling out. Each store has about 2-3 different PS2 bundles and about 5-20 units in total.

Around the Network

i got ransformes & the strangers on blu-ray for $10 each at walmart :)

Griffin said:
Or perhaps fans of certain systems only report data when they see it benefits there system. Wii was instock near me for most of the year all over the place, but for the last month all the stores i have been too have been sold out. The 360 models are still a hit or miss which ones will be instock, PS3 supply has been increasing for the last month while most of the year there were very few if any at the stores i went to.

DS has had massive supply all year, only selling out when wal-mart dropped the price to $99. PSP units are starting to sit on shelves, while early in the year they were selling out. Each store has about 2-3 different PS2 bundles and about 5-20 units in total.

lol, one thing I've noticed is when I see a post that says, "IGN reviews XXX microsoft exclusive game," I can tell if the review is gonna be good or bad by the avatar of the person that posted it.

If the avatar is a cat, looks like an anime character, or looks like Squall/Snake in general, the review is gonna be bad.

If the avatar is an American pop-culture icon, the review is gonna be good.

If it's anything else, there is no telling, lol.

Just something I've noticed.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

the chicken probably

markers said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

the chicken probably

naw... technicly the egg hatched the modern day chicken from it's predicessor and it went out to dominate and push out whatever form that had birthed it.  A mutation that was beneficial.... anyway our Walmart sold everything out... we had twice as many if not more 360s and Wii's then we had PS3s, but they still sold out.

ssj12 said:
Gobias said:
Paul said:
ssj12 said:
bigjon said:
The Remaining Wii Stock could have something to do with the massive supply surge at all retailers, even the sears my bro works at has been getting good shipments. They are still selling out, it is just not where people are going turboman for them. It takes maybe 2 days to sell a major shipment.

Also, not that I want to doupt SSJ, but I have worked in retail back in the day, and you dont put electronics on clearance for space. Walmart only makes a very slim margin on Wii HW, it was not advertised so it was not a "lure" like the great 360 deals which WERE advertised. Either u are full of BS or your store manager is a dumbass... selling a popular product at a loss to make space??????? Does not compute.

our store manager isnt here, his grandmother died so he is where ever. One of the assistant managers made the decision to sell the Wii at a lower price.

How are you lacking for space if you just cleared out the majority of your stock in one day. You seem like a fibber.

Indeed he is, SSJ12 has lied about numerous things in the past. I'd go so far as to say hes compulsive.

not really, my sources are basically all posters here now a days. Who I wont say but you would be shocked at what positions some of the members of our community holds in the retail and game industries.

PR Managers try to stay on top of whats going to happen but things change. Still we did get an announcement on ICO 3 didnt we, no footage but confirmation of when we will get footage. So really I win.

So when will we get to see Trico?