By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How much would MGS4 sell if released on 360?

No way it would do Bioshock PS3 numbers. I say it would sell at least 2 mill in the first month.

Around the Network

It would sell respectably well but it would have a reduced hype factor , if anyone really wanted to play MGS4 they'd have at least went to a friends house to give it a try.

~flame said:
leo-j said:
I dont get it, if you 360 owners want MGS4 so much? Why dont you just buy a PS3?

probably they dont have friends with PS3...idklol.

Ever thought that they might still not want the ps3 any longer?

i would say around 1.5 million, unless its released in the summer like it was for the ps3, then maybe 2 million in sales.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

S.T.A.G.E. said:
leo-j said:
I dont get it, if you 360 owners want MGS4 so much? Why dont you just buy a PS3?

The 360 has taken the PS3's most valubale games. Why should people not take the more affordable route and enjoy alot of great games?

That's dodging the question. Besides, GTA4 was never exclusive, so obviously it would sell better on 360.

Kojima himself has said repeatedly that MGS4 is never coming to the X360. It has been optimised for the PS3 hardware.

So, I'm afraid if you want MGS4, you'll have to buy a PS3.

Out of DMC, FF and Tekken, only Final Fantasy was actually a major series. And the PS3 has plenty of exclusives left, because a large number of PS2 games were actually first and second party.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Id say about a million LTD.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

3m

Exactly 145,554

I think it would eclipse 500k at least......but it definitely would not sell more than the PS3 version now. If it had been released at the same time, who knows.....maybe we'd see a GTAIV situation, or maybe a DMC4 situation.

But then again, until it is ever released (if it is ever released), this means jack squat ;)

Mistershine said:
14.65m Day 1.
50-60m lifetime.
I expect the same numbers from Halo 3 on the PS3.

Typo or joke?

If joke, lol.

If typo, you'd better fix that.

If serious, LOL!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective