By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I need help getting my Wii online. :-/

(you can skip this paragraph!)ok, I am trying to get my Wii back online since I got my new computer. I have Vista now. I have the Nintendo WiFi USB Connector, and I have downloaded the latest version that is compatible with vista. When I download it, it only downloads around 270kb of the 1.7mb. :-/ Like I did on my previous computer, I went to the setup.exe thing to download the registration tool, but it says I don't have the drivers. It tells me to put the disc in and that fails too.

So I think I am going to buy a router. I tried that last year but failed to set it up since it was so confusing. But now I have a new computer. Can anyone help me in suggesting what one I buy? and tell me how long it took you to get connected, how easy it was to set up etc...

Thanks!!!!!!

Around the Network

I've had luck with Dynalink routers. Simple to use and detailed instruction manual

I use a linksys and have better connection then a lot of people online on Wii.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

a router would be better~ the wifi connectors get too hot after a while and you always have to turn them off! its a pain~ you have to reinstall them every time you change your internet settings too~

P.S. BOO VISTA!!! sorry..

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

MaxwellGT2000 said:
I use a linksys and have better connection then a lot of people online on Wii.

I tried that last year and couldn't even figure out how to hook it up. The instructions were TERRIBLE! too many take this out and plug it in here! It just wouldn't work for me.

In yet, I have heard that it is the best one, and I have a new computer, so I might be able to get it to work but I don't know if I should buy it again. :-/

Around the Network

anyone have any suggestions?

I too use a linksys and have a great connection for both my Wii and PS3. That brand is also the most common, give it another try.

Don't Worry.....Be Happy

try going on the nintendo website and looking in their support section. believe it or not, it actually helped me. my wifi connecter worked before, but it stopped working resently, and it turned out it was some problem that the wifi connecters connection wasn't allowed to communicate with my internet connection.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

brawl friendcode - 3823-8201-9151

mario kart wii friendcode - 0387-9491-4552

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

current mk wii worldwide sales (jan 9th): 553k

Personally, I find the Belkin wireless G to be fairly simple. You won't get major high level specialized scheduling and individual security options, but it does the basic stuff without much fuss, it's also fairly small too and has decent range.

The instructions for setting it up that come with the disc are as simple as any other router is going to be. I generally just use the default 192.168.2.1 router web address to access the router and set everything else up manually once it's plugged in though.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her