By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you want in Assassin's Creed 2?

_mevildan said:
As leo-j said. less repetitive That massive world they built for the first game was wasted on trite little missions that repeated again and again.

I big problem for me (bigger than the repetition of gameplay) was the story. That may be too big a problem to fix.

Also, a slightly better and more consistent framerate would be nice.

I can't say I agree with you.  The story was one of the reason's why I managed to put up with the repetition.  I still hope the game is less repetitive.

Around the Network
Mistershine said:
_mevildan said:
As leo-j said. less repetitive That massive world they built for the first game was wasted on trite little missions that repeated again and again.

I big problem for me (bigger than the repetition of gameplay) was the story. That may be too big a problem to fix.

I never noticed any framerate drops/problems.

Really, on the 360 version, I noticed many frame rates problems throughout, it was actually better on the PS3

Munkeh111 said:
Mistershine said:
I think the a futuristic sci-fi setting would be best to round out the trilogy(it is still a trilogy, isn't it?). Either french revolution or maybe the Napoleonic wars would be pretty good I think.

That sounds good, I would assume a game set in the French revolution would cover the years from 1790-1815, I assume it would end at Waterloo (who in Britain does not want to relive the final defeat of the French!)

Now listen kids, the history lesson with your teacher Munkeh has begun !

Well, the framerate wasn't really a problem, but it wasn't silky smooth either. It was fine most of the time, but often was noticebly struggling a bit (I played the PS3 version BTW).

One thing: variety.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Around the Network

I would like that they don't make an Assassins Creed 2 but since the first one sold to well my wish won't come true.

Barozi said:
Munkeh111 said:
Mistershine said:
I think the a futuristic sci-fi setting would be best to round out the trilogy(it is still a trilogy, isn't it?). Either french revolution or maybe the Napoleonic wars would be pretty good I think.

That sounds good, I would assume a game set in the French revolution would cover the years from 1790-1815, I assume it would end at Waterloo (who in Britain does not want to relive the final defeat of the French!)

Now listen kids, the history lesson with your teacher Munkeh has begun !

Just been studying that era, but from the perspective of British politics, and the resulting radical threat

While there were mass executions, the symbol was the guillotine, not quite as good of a weapon as the hidden blade? Also, how would you make large scale battles fit in with the whole way Assassin's Creed works. I am not entirely sure precisely how they are going to get the game to fit in with it, though it would certainly be interesting to climb 18th century Paris. It would be nice to assainate Napolean yourself... alternate history is always interesting

Riachu said:
_mevildan said:

I can't say I agree with you.  The story was one of the reason's why I managed to put up with the repetition.  I still hope the game is less repetitive.

Fair enough. I expected a different kind of story going in (ie. no crazy futuristic stuff), so it's my own fault in a way.

One thing I would like to see is co-op. It would open up some interesting mission scenarios, with decoy/diversioniary tactics, 1 running in for a full frontal attack while the other sneaks in from the back and gets the job jobbed.

How about something other to do than the main objectives and the save citizen battles? It would be cool if there were actual side quests, things to buy, people to talk to, etc.

Also, please for the love of God stop the looping dialogue! I can't tell you how many times I'd be on a roof and hear the same line about the Crusades over and over.

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin