By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 6th Generation Pokemon.?

That would be a great idea to include all 4 regions on the Wii, where you could get them all but they should make some of them hard to obtain. They should make sure the maps are totally different too and make it so you don't get all the pokemon in the same places as their other iterations. That way it would be a whole new RPG for the Wii rather than just playing all 4 stories you did on GB/A/DS. Yes apart from that i think they have flogged the series to death. I mean look at the legendary, arceus. He's a GOD pokemon. How could they possibly top that? I think they have taken it as far as it could go on DS. They can't possibly make any new pokemon, legendary or not, come across as any more"awesome." Any new pokemon will just become boring i think.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network

All I want is the new pokemon to keep on being creative.

More than that though, I wish for even more progress in the meta game. The jump to the D/P meta game was big I want the next jump to involve even more strategy. Oh, I also want Persian buffed again. I seriously miss those days where Persian was OU T-T

The biggest problem for me is that the tiers are so clealry defined.

The one line that has stayed with me throughout the whole series was something that Lorelei said, way back in the halcyon days of 1998. I remember it, word for word, even now.

"Strong, weak... these are words used by selfish people. True Pokemon trainers use their favorites."

I'd just like for that to be a viable option.

(Sandslash4life)

I don't know if it's me or not, but every generation has been comparatively worse to the predecessor:
1st gen: Every pokemon of the 151 is unique, and awesome in some way. Excellent names also
2nd gen: Most were good, but we're starting to see some that aren't interesting
3rd gen: For every interesting pokemon (Ralts, Mudkip, Chimecho, Castform, Milotic, Vibrava, etc.) we have an equally forgettable one (Zigzagoon, Wingull, Skitty, Corphish, Poochyena, etc.) Also, the quality of names is declining
4th gen: Most pokemons are forgettable, we have stupid names like Monferno, Torterra, Chimchar, etc, and pokemons that are simply unoriginal, like Bidoof (Zigzagoon clone), Pachirisu (Pichu/Plusle clone), Infernape (Blaziken clone), etc.

I don't want to know what 5th gen is gonna bring, but seriously, with every gen the quality of the new pokemons has become worse and worse

zexen_lowe said:
I don't know if it's me or not, but every generation has been comparatively worse to the predecessor:
1st gen: Every pokemon of the 151 is unique, and awesome in some way. Excellent names also
3rd gen: For every interesting pokemon (Ralts, Mudkip, Chimecho, Castform, Milotic, Vibrava, etc.) we have an equally forgettable one (Zigzagoon, Wingull, Skitty, Corphish, Poochyena, etc.) Also, the quality of names is declining
4th gen: Most pokemons are forgettable, we have stupid names like Monferno, Torterra, Chimchar, etc, and pokemons that are simply unoriginal, like Bidoof (Zigzagoon clone), Pachirisu (Pichu/Plusle clone), Infernape (Blaziken clone), etc.

I don't want to know what 5th gen is gonna bring, but seriously, with every gen the quality of the new pokemons has become worse and worse
I agree with this.  After that, you lost me.  I think the series needs to take its time, maybe a new one at 2012 and rethink the designs.  Current gen was kinda daunting.  Designs like Probopass and LickiLicky make me think that Game Freak has either become lax because they're going to sell millions anyway or that they're running out of ideas.  Also I think 2nd Generation was AS good with designs as the first generation.  Even Dunsparce was AWESOME and that had to be the worst design of 2nd generation.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

"Ken Sugimori (杉森建, Sugimori Ken?) (born January 27, 1966 in Tokyo) is a Japanese illustrator most famous for being the art director of Pokémon franchise. A friend of Satoshi Tajiri, the creator of the franchise, Sugimori is responsible for the bulk of Pokémon art and almost single-handedly designed the first 251 Pokémon (since Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire, others have helped to design the characters)."

I find this interesting from Wikipedia.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Yes they will add more Pokémon it’s like our world they want you to keep on finding new animals. I like that idea and don’t get why allot of people want it to only be the very first Pokémon only.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

zexen_lowe said:

Agreed. The only generation I care about is the first. And I guess the 2nd was alright.
I really dislike a lot of the designs of the latest Pokemon. Some have really bad designs.

SmokedHostage said:
zexen_lowe said:

I agree with this.  After that, you lost me.  I think the series needs to take its time, maybe a new one at 2012 and rethink the designs.  Current gen was kinda daunting.  Designs like Probopass and LickiLicky make me think that Game Freak has either become lax because they're going to sell millions anyway or that they're running out of ideas.  Also I think 2nd Generation was AS good with designs as the first generation.  Even Dunsparce was AWESOME and that had to be the worst design of 2nd generation.

Well, I agree that the 2nd gen was mostly awesome (heck, Quilava's my fav pokemon ever), and I agree that Dunsparce was the worst design, but I also though that Dunsparce was horrible. And I didn't like some others, like Ledyba, Spinarak, Miltank, etc. Still, Gold/Silver is my favourite pokemon game ever, so it doesn't matter. The real decline started with the 3rd gen (which still was a good game) and was consumated on the 4th (which wasn't a good game)

@ Zexen; Of course names like Wingull can't get ANY more creative and original then a name like Meowth, Zubat, or my personal favorite Ekans <--- repus SUPER original!!