By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
epsilon72 said:
jacezo said:
i think that is its problem but its also insecure fps addicts that are afraid their freinds will say their gay it happened to me but if u let the play fun will overcome

No - more like we just aren't really that motivated to buy the game, because we have other games to play.  For me, the stories of draconian modding of popular levels don't help either..

If you've never played the game you couldnt know that, and I've never played a level that i liked that got modded.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Consoles owned: Game Cube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3.

My prediction: NATAL WILL NOT help 360 sales. Maybe a 50-100k boost week 1, then a 30-70 k boost week 2, and back to the norm again after 3-5 weeks.

Around the Network
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
leo-j said:
Shanobi said:
The problem for LBP is that it's on a non-Nintendo console, and isn't littered with "mature" themes and blood.

The game not selling like mad is no suprise.

Since when was the playstation the xbox?

Since this gen started.

Multiplatform games sure, but exclusives I have to disagree.

mM
leo-j said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
leo-j said:
Shanobi said:
The problem for LBP is that it's on a non-Nintendo console, and isn't littered with "mature" themes and blood.

The game not selling like mad is no suprise.

Since when was the playstation the xbox?

Since this gen started.

Multiplatform games sure, but exclusives I have to disagree.

Personally, I don't really care, but it sure has that image nowadays.

I'm gettin it for christmas, so you'll have to be patient

I may once it hits the bargin bins; it is not really my type of game. I played my friend's copy, wasn't bad, but there are a lot of other games I would rather own and play.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
@ Omega

That's awesome...name some...

I was actually hoping someone would call me. 

Here's the biggest one imo: Earthbound/Mother 2.  Sure it sold around 800 K in Japan, but it flopped here on the Western side.  I mainly blame NoA for that as their quality of advertising was horrible.  This is my favourite game of all time.

Another big one:  it's sequel: Mother 3.  This one can't really be helped as it was only released in Japan, and NoA decided to be dicks and not translate it (ty Starmen.net).  Probably one of my second favourite games of all time.

Another one:  Kirby Super Star Ultra DS.  Definitely one of the best remakes ever made.  It's not doing terribly, but not spectacular either.

A couple other quick ones: Medal of Honor Heros 2, Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, Ratchet and Clank: ToD, Uncharted Drake's Fortune, Heavenly Sword.

Note I'm not saying these games did badly, I'm saying I think they deserved to have better sales, which is what I'm responding to CGI about.  Anyways, I have proven my point.

jacezo said:

This deserves better sales than it has been getting, if you have any doubts ditch em and by the game u will love it. With so much free DLC from the playstation store and more on the way it is a great buy. Also finding all of the items in the levels is extremely rewarding and helps you get more play time from the game. The level creator and peoples creations online will keep you entertained for months.

BUY LBP

No.

If I wanted to play a 2D platformer I'd dust off my PS1 or Saturn.

Since when did user created levels become a reason to buy a game?

People talk like this a new concept.  It didn't get me to  buy Motocross Madness 10 years ago, it won't get me to buy this.

Currently Playing:
Resistance 2 Co-op (anyone call for a Medic?)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PC)
F.E.A.R. (PC)

Currently Ignoring:
My 360 and Wii.

leo-j said:
numonex said:
LBP could reach around 2 million sales late next year.

More like 2 million by the end of this year..

Are you serious? I can't see it shifting 1.15 million more copies in 5 weeks.

CGI-Quality said:
@ shanobi

I don't get that, why would it need to be on a Nintendo console? Sure, Nintendo is excellent for similar games but a game like LBP, in it's current form, is not possible on Wii. It's the physics, level creation and online component that make LBP what it is. Now if people choose not to buy it that's their choice. And for a new IP it's selling just fine!!

I agree it's not selling too badly, but for a game that had it's own half hour specials on X-Play, and tons of other promtion from every other gaming outlet out there, it's not doing that well.

As for it not being possible on the Wii, I disagree. In fact, before Sony paid a bunch of money for it to go exclusive to them, it was being planned as a Wii release. If you've played Elebits, then I think you'd see there's plenty of physics you can do on any 3d gaming system. Turn the textures down, lower the resolution, and bam, you've got a Wii release.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

Someday i will buy...next year maybe