By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Proof of just how good VG Chartz figures are - even Sony agree with us!!

It was adjusted shortly after NPD was released -- which is still before the report was released -- however Japan and Others numbers are haven't been touched between June and when the report was released.

Are you trying to imply that the numbers were fudged after the fact to make it match what was in the financial report? 'Cause that's not the case.

Since we knew North America numbers were pretty good after the NPD adjustment and the Japan numbers are pretty much constantly checked weekly by two services, the only question mark was the Others data and this pretty much proves that our Others numbers -- at least up until the end of June -- have been pretty spot on, at least for the PS3. :P

Around the Network

on a trickier note, how close percentage wise does everyone think the 360's numbers are?

oh and congrats on the ps3's numbers, do you no if your territory states are accurate? did you over estimate in rest of the world and under estimate japan etc?

DKII said:
It was adjusted shortly after NPD was released -- which is still before the report was released -- 

This is what I was meaning....and they sometimes are adjusted weekly. I was just curious how much, and I know it is a very small amount.

Still owesome tracking keep it up.

Good stuff ioi!

I came accross this site early last year (or some time ago anyway) and came here every now and then to see what numbers where up. When i started looking into the data you provided I came to see that this site actually did provide rather acurate info, and if their was anything different, it was updated.

I think the data of VGChartz is fantastic and I'm glad there's this kind of proof that we can show around to prove how good your numbers are!

Keep up the great work.

It's me...  no really, it IS me!!!

Very nice. Now you can just CTRL+C and CTRL+V the link to everyone that bothers you about this subject. I guess it will be much easier from now on.

Around the Network

But Sony had a slide that said they sold 6 million in March, so it must be true!

BTW, this is sarcasm since it never translates on the internets.

And don't expect the fanboys to stop their silly assertions. Every quarter we do our best to inform them, but they simply refuse to listen. 

who cares if the numbers get adjusted...

Everthing from any sources is only an 'estimate'. Even Sony's quotes above say 'estimate'.

For the love of God people. vgchartz is doing damn well in comparison to anyone else's estimates on sold to consumer video games. All this thread is showing is that vgchartz counts were nearly identical to what Sony is saying. Just another bit of proof that vgchartz is not merely making up numbers.

Plus, even if ioi just took what NDP or others release and put them in his data. So what. The best part about this site is it is the only one where you can easily see and research all of that sales data for the entire world. I personally don't care how he gets it, its more that its here for us to view. Its obvious that it is very accurate as it is never that much different than what most people consider 'official' numbers.

The problem is all of you ignorant bastards who think companies like Sony, MS, or Nintendo tell you what they sold to retailers is what they have sold to consumers.

/rant

Great job team. Dugg.

Now all of you donate to the site or at least click a few adverts.

superchunk said:
Now all of you donate to the site or at least click a few adverts.

Donate, what? Where? How?

Ioi post this thing to the news section NOW!

Make a press release about it to show how good this site is.

Finally the last doubt are gone