By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The PS3 Price Cut is Not Going to Help Sony in Europe

wait for gt5...then lets talk

Around the Network
markers said:
wait for gt5...then lets talk

Q4 2009?

Forget that lets talk KZ2!

IMO, PS3 can only catch 360, by the time the new XBOX will released...

The PS3 is starting to get that stink of third place smell (like the Gamecube did) that is almost impossible to shake. It's getting to the point where by the time Sony does have a price cut the gap will likely be over >7 million and people will be talking about 2010 being the "Year of the PS3".

In fact sales doubled ,not increased six-fold.Many hardcore gamers are buying the 360 as its dirty cheap.
But that doesnt mean the PS3 price cut wont help.PS3 sales will increase considerably and forever once the price drops .

Around the Network

@legend11

Really?

I see it getting much better games than the gamecube.....tell me in what year did the gamecube have overall better games than the generation leader? even the xbox for that matter.

the GC was dead 3rd party wise.....with COD WAW sales PS3 is anything but dead.....same with Tomb Raider sales where PS3 beat the 360 version....gamecube smell indeed

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Legend11 said:

The PS3 is starting to get that stink of third place smell (like the Gamecube did) that is almost impossible to shake. It's getting to the point where by the time Sony does have a pricecut the gap will likely be over >7 million and people will be talking about 2010 being the "Year of the PS3".

well ps3 has had a great year this year........nobody expected economic situation and major 360 price reductions. but game releases will continue.

imo ps3 had the better releases this year.........my 2009 will start with killzone 2 and soom, whats urs begin with? i cant think of anything good out on 360.....apart from a couple of expansion packs possible froza, and ninja blade and star ocean. games on ps3 will be superior in 2009 than on 360

with titles like god of war, heavy rain, and highly possible gt5 to name but a few.

it may be difficult for ps3 to catch 360 in 2009, but that dont mean any less games will be out on ps3.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
Legend11 said:

The PS3 is starting to get that stink of third place smell (like the Gamecube did) that is almost impossible to shake. It's getting to the point where by the time Sony does have a pricecut the gap will likely be over >7 million and people will be talking about 2010 being the "Year of the PS3".

well ps3 has had a great year this year........nobody expected economic situation and major 360 price reductions. but game releases will continue.

imo ps3 had the better releases this year.........my 2009 will start with killzone 2 and soom, whats urs begin with? i cant think of anything good out on 360.....apart from a couple of expansion packs possible froza, and ninja blade and star ocean. games on ps3 will be superior in 2009 than on 360

with titles like god of war, heavy rain, and highly possible gt5 to name but a few.

it may be difficult for ps3 to catch 360 in 2009, but that dont mean any less games will be out on ps3.

One problem that I forsee is that all those games started development when it was believed that the PS3 would sell like hot cakes. That when the games were released there would be a far greater userbase than there currently is.

Those companies are now gonna have to rethink.

I doubt anyone will be willing to put 4 years of development into a game that probably won't sell as well as they'd hoped when they started the development.

The future to these companies looks very different to what it did when they started development on these games.

Of course a price cut will help the PS3, maybe more than many people think.

But the thing is...with the gap between the 360 and PS3 increasing again, now surpassing 6 million, I don´t think the PS3 can catch up to (let alone surpass) the 360 next year.

Maybe in 2010.

drpunk said:
Skeeuk said:
Legend11 said:

Those companies are now gonna have to rethink.

they are sony games, the amount of 1st partie titles out next year is huge, they will be released..........for example if 360 is still ahead in 2009 i can still play killzone - god of war - gt5 - infamous - heavy rain - mag - new team ico game - uncharted 2 etc etc

360 having sales lead wont have an effect on 1st party titles and even 3rd party titles.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...