By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Online, Friend Codes, Miis, Strikers and Pokémon

Yea that's why I said not really haha.

Around the Network

I told you they have an algorithm that combines the Mii's code with the game's code (with the Wii's code...) to create a unique code for the Mii/game/Wii combo, so that you can only play online with that profile/friends list with the same copy of the game on the same Wii system. It is, so far, the exact same system as the DS, only you can have multiple friends lists on the same system. But if you say put in a different copy of the game, it won't work, it'll give you a new friend code even if you use the same Mii and system. Or if you transfer your Mii over and put the game in a new system, it'll give you a different code. Try it out.

Doesn't mean it'll always be this way, especially for third-party games which have a little more flexibility (EA is doing something similar but different with their games and EA accounts).

Guys, this is sooo old news!! The article was published on the 27th of April!
This interview was discussed all over the Internet, especially during the European release of MSC.

Now Loading... Please Wait!

DKII said:
But if you say put in a different copy of the game, it won't work, it'll give you a new friend code even if you use the same Mii and system.

I don't buy that. The DVDs ain't gonna be all different. A cart can have inbuilt memory that's reset the first time you plug it. A DVD simply can't.

The Mii a factor? Definitelly.

The Wii a factor? Likelly, never said it wasn't, and I don't have 2 Wiis to try it out.

The game title a factor? Likely, but without another Mii based game we don't know, and it might work for some games.

The game copy a factor? I'd say impossible, but I'll settle for not at all likelly, not on a DVD based system.

The game save a factor (if you erase it codes change)? Possible, but I don't see the point.

Also, I erased my Mii's online presence to start clean sheet, and I'm pretty sure the code remained the same. Finally, the guy's quote may simply mean future Next Level Games, or maybe just Strikers sequels, keep the same codes.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
zsidane said:
Guys, this is sooo old news!! The article was published on the 27th of April!
This interview was discussed all over the Internet, especially during the European release of MSC.

And what was the conclusion? Ain't gonna work? Any sources for that?

Reality has a Nintendo bias.